I have a dream. Advice on how to proceed needed. Plz read.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Here's a problem...people would just give you their old computer, but "wiping the hard drive" requires effort and they don't want to do it, pay for it, or trust a stranger, so... the outdated or broken computer must be stored away for eternity.
This one also hit home, ppl gravitate towards easiness of mind and also of self.

Thx for that reflection Dan. What I thought was a good idea has been put done by the laziness of the general public.

In this regards, your comment picks the win of why I should think about this more. I just have to look at a client in a jag thinking her lube change is taking to long when she came here with out a rendezvous. Yeah, every shop has a jag race spec filter on hand.

Website
www.facebook.com
Have done similar things for years. I was a mechanic for a bus company for many years and all the mechanics were Jehovah's Witness. Now every Friday night after work they would stay and fix cars for single moms or people in dire need from their group.I learned from that and got a group of mechanics in several churches together and we did the same thing. Their pastors would refer people to us who they knew were definitely needing help to weed out the freeloaders. It worked well until we first left to come to Belize. After we returned I was unable to start doing that again due to health issues so started repairing computers, laptops, and such. Pastors would refer people who they knew had a real need. It can be done within the same system of a mayor or group of people in your town. I cannot comment on the non profit status as I have never done anything in that area.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Thx dave, you answered well, and it gives me hope I can find something to pay back to community. I try here, but for some reason, getting older maybe, I want more hands on approach.

My main concern, you have addressed it, but since I am an atheist, I have no access to mormons, christian etc so that is why I need a provincial endorsement as I do not have church endorsement like you have.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
btw, off topic, have settled on vacation location.

Off to sept chutes and quebec grand canyon, going zip lining.

Will be camping soon, doing north zip line first, then fork around to do grand canyon. Just hope my toyota echo clutch takes the hills. :eek::oops::money::money::money:

Maybe the trout will be nice, great clean rivers and lakes up there. I prefer trout than maskinoge.

Website
www.facebook.com
Thx dave, you answered well, and it gives me hope I can find something to pay back to community. I try here, but for some reason, getting older maybe, I want more hands on approach.

My main concern, you have addressed it, but since I am an atheist, I have no access to mormons, christian etc so that is why I need a provincial endorsement as I do not have church endorsement like you have.
Just because you do not attend any church or believe yourself, they can still be a good access to your community to help. If you approach them with your idea and show them you do not have an agenda other than to help people I think you will find a very willing audience. Just a thought