Interpreting trouble codes...

Pete

Hey everyone!
I just got my code scanner and have used it a few times. However, I have a bit of a problem....interpreting the codes.
Is there a site that one could go to to find out what the probable causes to repair these codes are? Autozone gives you a sheet that tells you what the fixes MAY be.
I thought my scanner would tell me that.
I'm working on a 97 Suzuki Sidekick w/ a 1.6L and 136K on it and it's kicking out the following:
P0300
P0463
P0505
P1451
Now I know the definitions to these codes but need to know the probable causes.
Anywhere one can send me to?
Thanks so much for all your help!
God bless,
Peter

Jim Fairbanks

wrench
Hey Pete....you can buy code books that list the codes and the probable causes of the codes...You can find them online if you Google (trouble codes with probable causes)..or look on Ebay....here is one I found...Hope this helps....Jim........NEW 2007 EDITION
Trouble Codes with Probable Causes

Model year coverage for the Domestic DTC manual is 1994-2007. The manual features domestic diagnostic trouble codes and list the probable cause of each code. The manual provides MIL Codes, OBD Codes and Fault locations. Code retrieval techniques are described using concise text and clear illustrations in separate sections for each model. Instructions for retrieval and erasure of trouble codes are provided as well as data link connector locations. All data is based on OEM information.

Trouble codes - accessing and erasing
System faults - locations and probable causes
Code types - MIL, OBD-I, OBD-II
Based on Vehicle Manufacturers' information
Data Link connector locations

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pete

Thanks Jim!
In the meantime, till the book is delivered, can someone perhaps give me a list of probable causes for the above mentioned codes?
I'd sure be grateful!
Thanks so much for everyone's past help and God bless!
Peter