Is this right?

billr

wrench
Staff member
It makes sense that EV tires are not lasting as long. Heavier vehicles, more low-speed torque, many marketed as high-priced toys to "show off" acceleration, several more mundane reasons.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Yes to all above. At our shop up here, saw the new hummer ev. Probably gonna need tires every 20 k.

Tesla, average 20 k also. If you have dual motor and punch it,
As bill said, heavy.

A battery on a full ev car can easily be 600 pnds, and as Billr mentioned, key word, TORQUE.

An ev car is not like a gas car. You can't do doughnuts and smoke out. However, a Tesla plaid model will outrun a souped out Mustang GT or a Corvette z6.

All that torque is going directly to friction. Lower body to accomodate bottom heavy battery. Cornering also takes a toll.

Let's take for example my joy ride package.

Daily driver, Toyota Corolla s six speed manual.

Fuel cell take about 40 litres. Google how much one pound. From what my google search shows, 1 litre of gas weight is about 0.75kg.

My Mustang GT will smoke tires cuz I want it to.

Owning a ev car isn't as environmentally friendly as advertised.

However, it is the future. Hope hydrogen bonds go up.

So basically what all my useless rambling mean. My corrola or. Mustang gas tank takes 40 litres, I live in Canada, I will let you do the gallon confusions.

Being the a hole I am, if I drive my 150pound body, and take on 2 other normal body weight ppl, that into the 450 pound région.

Then you have to factor in that inlaw you have in your life that cannot actually fit in the car cuz he or she is over 400 pounds

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
So, if I get grit sandpaper for calling Americans fat, so be it.

At the end of the day, it all goes down to physical kinetics.

If I drag around 600 pounds of excess weight. Heavy in corners, heavy to move on go, heavy to stop. Who pays the bills on ev cars, easy. The tires.

You Regen, so cars brakes it self. Almost.

Anyway, this was a nice one.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
So again. If your paying attention, if my body weight is 400 pnds, I expect my shoes to wear out sooner than if I was my normal body weight. Which is 150.

Bill Burr .