Bigblock572

Make
Dodge
Model
Durango
Year
Miles
Engine
I have a 98 1998 Dodge Durango shifter moves but it does not go into gear I just rebuild it

bp042665

hunting nut
ok need more info like is the shift lever moving at transmission also did you do anything to the valve body did you get all fluid full or is it reading full with only 6 or 7 quarts

Bigblock572

It was running just fine I park it for quite some time and then I went to start it up and move it and it would not goand yes she's through everything moves at the tranny like it's supposed to eat just don't go and in neutral it reads over. Like it's in park but for some reason it is not picking up the fluid

billr

wrench
Staff member
"...eat just don't go and in neutral it reads over."

That is gibberish to me, but does "read" hint that you have live-data?

I would disconnect the shift cable/rod and make sure the shift arm on the trans is going firmly into the detented positions; try it like that.

bp042665

hunting nut
if it sat a long time it could take a bit to fill up converter I have seen it take up to 2 minutes to full fill converter had 1 at my shop do something like this I let it idle in neutral for a few minutes and it worked great customer came back a month later and wouldn't move let run for a bit and went to shifting fine

Hard to say what you did or didn't do when you rebuilt it. How did you rebuild it. Rattle can or wrenches?