Land Rover Discovery 99

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I have a Land Rover Discovery 1999 with a 4.0l bosch engine in my shop right now and its giving me a hard time. Basically, the engine won't idle and won't take gas hot or cold. Can keep it alive with intake cleaner hooked up to vacuum port on plenum, and revving. Scanner gives me codes for evap purge control circuit open, (p0444), and a code i can't identify (p1884). Got a code for antitheft and battery voltage lost. Don't think these are a concern as the battery was drained just trying to get the damn truck in the shop. Now the thing is, I can't find the fuel pressure port on fuel rail, can't find the damn fuel filter. I want to replace it, even got it from parts store, looks like a regular GM screw fitting type. I want to check fuel pressure to see why I have this lean condition. I checked the evap purge solenoid, it is not stuck open or clogged. And even tried bypassing it to see if the lean condition would correct itself. This truck looks to have been butchered by some backyard dude. Cruise control and many accsesories have been cut and plugged so I have lots of wires and vacuums hanging. But the feeling I get is that the fuel filter has been altogether cut out. Mitchel is not very Land Rover friendly and would like some input from some Land Rover lovers. Where do I find it and the fuel test port? ???

schraube

Hi,

found a little bit on googling: P1884 - CAN message WFPDK (DKI) invalid (FFh). Regarding the fuelfilter: On your 1999 Land Rover Discovery 4.0L MFI , the Fuel Filter is located:

Under vehicle, passenger side, below seating area, front of fuel tank, mounted on chassis . Look at th picture.
hope this helps a little bit. ...schraube

[attachment deleted by admin]