Lets Talk Scanners

rjh1

So I'm looking into getting a new scanner. Abs- SRS- oil reset mileage correction etc... I'm not a shop, but do some repair work. So the Brand - - Model and WHY . . . O and cost is important factor. . . Thanks !

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok, I am ALL in.

Lets start by me asking what is your mind allocating you, or should I say, what are you expecting to pay vs what do you think you need?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
second question, you state you are not a shop. Ok. Do you work multiple platforms, or just want to fix for example your chevy pickup?

Cuz if it is the latter, this is going to get real cheap real quick.

But if you work several platforms, such as, I don't own a shop, but all my neighbors like and trust me and they bring me their cars type deal. Then things get a bit more specific. And start to get expensive if you don't read the fine print.

So tell me your needs and what budget you have in mind, I will try real, real, hard to find a solution for you.

grcauto

Do you want for all makes and models? Which and what features.

rjh1

well I guess what I'm looking for is one that not only shows the code but also would define for example if it's ABS - - which sensor is bad / suggested fix's . . . live data , , looking for something around $300.00 all makes and models , ,and it's more personal use than business neighbors and such Thanks

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.

rjh1

absolutely funny! This is the one I book marked to check out , , , Thanks Nick !

abrad

I am using an Autel AutoLink AL619.
it does OBD2, antilock brakes, and airbags. It shows live data as well.
i “think” I spent around $300 (US) about 6 years ago. I love it, and haven’t had any issues with it.
I also just bought a few months ago an OBDStar X-100 auto key programmer (paid about $200 on Amazon). Worked great for programming new keys for the accord I fixed up for the wife. Bought the car for $200 as well! This also does obd2, but I haven’t used it yet for that...