Licotta single stage air compressor. Pic says usa, we will see.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok, low down,

good neighbour and old work buddy knocked on my door, said he wanted to give me this. I said ok, he is a painter and a detailer. So not so much a tech.

But he says motor is done.

However, I am looking at this single stage belt drive thing, my mind asks me is it worth it, or just convert it to a bigger air pump design.

Cuz the small one I have is way just for menial jobs.

Here is a replacement pump I found, looks chinsy to me.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
My goal here is to paint a car, and this air pump is stand up design, so less space, more volume, etc.

should I stick with my original idea, LVLP paint gun with small electric 1 piston, or upgrade this USA :D job
:giveup:

grcauto

wrench
Ok, low down,

good neighbour and old work buddy knocked on my door, said he wanted to give me this. I said ok, he is a painter and a detailer. So not so much a tech.

But he says motor is done.

However, I am looking at this single stage belt drive thing, my mind asks me is it worth it, or just convert it to a bigger air pump design.

Cuz the small one I have is way just for menial jobs.

Here is a replacement pump I found, looks chinsy to me.

this one is not for painting a car. It's a low volume pump and will not keep up even with a HVLP gun.

grcauto

wrench

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
The sanding and cut off stuff is almost all done.

With that turbine thing we have at work, it has air all day, but howls alot, hence the enclosure etc.

again, thx grc, you just pretty much sold me. if that chinsy thing will paint all day with any gun, I am happy. nods to you.

;)

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok, so I plugged it in, electric is fine, no pressure, probably blew a rod, looked at oil, none to see. so rebuild out of question.

So back to my original question, will the rotac one last. You say yes, for the 200buck diff, I say go.;)

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Only thing I found off , the electric off switch has a short, you bump switch, it goes off on etc, gonna break a breaker here.

Ok,. now now I feel confident, the reservoir seem gig enough, but I may have to go buy some hockey pucks, cuz it has no wheel. ;)

grcauto

wrench
Only thing I found off , the electric off switch has a short, you bump switch, it goes off on etc, gonna break a breaker here.

Ok,. now now I feel confident, the reservoir seem gig enough, but I may have to go buy some hockey pucks, cuz it has no wheel. ;)
Maybe I'm confused but the

Rodac RDCC2065​

is just the pump. You need a 3 horse electric motor to run it. Also a tank.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Wow, I confused myself looking for info on the Rodac and Licotta stuff. I meant to post the following a couple of hours ago!

+1 on the Rodac being a bit small for air tools; you need more like 15scfm @ 90psi minimum.

However, I am confused. In your original post you say "But he says motor is done." Why are you looking to replace the pump? What is the LIcotta (Licota?) pump like? Specs, condition? It may be a be worth repairing, if it is the bad part.

Off-topic, now, sorta:

I have been working with an "environmental cleanup" company for some years now. I am finding that industry has become the general dump or junk-yard, where all kinds of miscellaneous machinery end up. Nowadays, everything is "toxic" or "hazardous", so old compressors, pumps, engines, generators, appliances, battery banks, etc all make it to this facility; whether they are functional or not. When it is time to renovate/upgrade, all old stuff has to be disposed of "responsibly", and lumping it all as hazardous is most practical. Point is, if you have such a hazardous cleanup company in your area, you may want to find/make a friend there and be patient until a good industrial-quality compressor makes its way there...

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Point is, if you have such a hazardous cleanup company in your area, you may want to find/make a friend there and be patient until a good industrial-quality compressor makes its way there...
As eco princess friendly as that may look on paper, only calif ppl think this way.

The cold hard truth is exactly the opposite. So without debate, I have zero nada to say to this. Unless you are willing to come up here and show our collective non eco way of doing things.

I obviously know what your trying to say, but is it p[radical? or is it actually practical?

Up here, the reality is, every thing is stressed to limit. Once these things get to our hazardous cleanup company in your area,