Live data from ELM327

billr

wrench
Staff member
What programs (free, preferably) can read OBD2 live-data for transmissions? I looked at info for "Torque Pro" and could not find what fields it reads.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Well bill, even though I know this is a loaded question, I do know total car diagnostic software reads trans data. But, again being loaded, I need to know which car you are pairing to.

Although this may sound like chinese, foxwell has a great interface, even cloned, something to do with the chip being able to bi directional.

It is a bit new on the market but looks promising and I am very interested.

Here are a few links.

Although on a VAG design/ bosch if you will. it reads and codes on a 327 based chip.

Very long read, but if your asking this question, you may take the time to read it through, and most likely in the future correct my french.

www.foxwelltech.com/download/64

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Hyper and go serial are nice free app, all elm based, but you may need time to figure out the coding, but for a mind like yours, this should be easy,.

Here is a link to that also. Yes, it is another long read, but will probably answer your question more aptly than my song ridden posts. :p

https://theksmith.com/software/hack-vehicle-bus-cheap-easy-part-1/

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
So, I will make believe you don't know shyte, and start afresh. If two modules are talking to each other, you are on SPI standard, and any elm chip can handle that as long as it is in line with an RS factor which I think I read started back in 1962.

Link here for that also.

Soo, in principal, this is an active cooking hack much like a lunar landing module per say. Intellectuals I invite at this point cuz I am almost talking out of my arse @ this point, so much this stuff amazes me.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Wow, looks like lots to read! I may not post more questions for a while. It is an '02 ('01?) Saturn SL2 (DOHC) with TAAT auto trans.