eddieguy

Make
Toyota
Model
Rav4
Year
Miles
Engine
seems like I been spending a lot of time driving long distances in the rain and I was just looking for recommendations on a good quality wiper blade for my vehicle

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
At our shop we sell the reflex kind, we find they work best for ice and ice rain. No (pentures) hinges than can seize up. Sorry for french.

Bosch are winner, and the NAPA Neoform series ones also. Same design, maybe even same manufacturer. ;)

Here is a link to a bosch example. Could bot find one for napa quick, but they are very similar. Avoid the hinge ones if rain freezes, they suck since these reflex type came around, I swear by em.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok, found napa link.

Note the bosch ones available there also.

I think what is most important here is not only what I think, but also what our customer like, and they all like when we upgrade them to these wipers compared to the anco hinge style. Cuz up here, this used to be a nightmare for us quebecers and maine guys, rain sleet and snow. Freeze up the hinges, with this new style, took all that out of the equation, and they last longer, drawbacks are, no refills available for this application as it is a solid piece design. Hence a throwaway, but well worth it.

That was my $.02

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I often sell a kit of these with a aquapeel thingy. https://www.amazon.ca/Windshield-Repellant-TREATMENTS-PPG-Industries/dp/B004NFW5EC

The euro guys like that. I get an apprentice to apply it for cheap.

Shyte, now I am starting to sound like a salesmen.

I do not endorse any of this, I just like the products for myself, clients love it, and we live in a heck of space on the planet where wipers are more important than anything else apart from good winter tires.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Point in case, the corrola I bought last september.

It had those michelin hinge type deals on. https://www.costco.ca/michelin-guardian-hybrid-wiper-blade,-driver-side.product.100735436.html

The wipers got broken in a particular hard trek back home in sleet rain, the freezing kind, had to keep wipers on, well, the driver side made a permanent half round scratch in my windshield driver side which drives me nuts. Avoid these at all cost for winter regions. Again, my $.02

Forgot to say hi Eddy. So Hi, ;)

Last edited:

eddieguy

Thanks for all the info. I dont know what i was thinking posting this in domestics. I been on this site way long enough to know better.

Maybe I'm like those Folks at Toyota they call my vehicle a RAV4 when this one's actually two wheel drive bummer. If you Google Toyota RAV4 it will say the four is for four wheel drive . Wonder if I can sue for false advertising? lol.

Nick didnt you buy a new place recently? I think i recall seeing some pics you posted. Hope the place is working out well for you.

eddieguy

I think I posted this in domestics because I had one too many Michelobs, yeah I'm going to go with that just one more thing I have to repent of on Sunday at church

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Nick didnt you buy a new place recently? I think i recall seeing some pics you posted. Hope the place is working out well for you.

I didnt buy, I will still keep on renting, we are going through a housing crisis up here, I rather still rent. But yes, you read right, I am moving to a better space.

2 balconies, stand up shower for me, bath for the gf on other side. Central vacuum, etc, and even has a garage for me.

I move 1st of july. Will be using company box truck for small stuff, the rest is getting delivered as I thought my old appliances were at end of life, and my old home theater couch set also, so went new there, that will be delivered on moving day, so while the girls unpack boxes and we guys move the other stuff, they can stay at new place to receive. Some work buddies are helping, me I also see in my futur a few beers and pizza coming out of pocket, but it should be a blast. I hope at end of night we all end up drunk in my new garage and toast to friendship. And next day, wish for forgiveness:cool:
Thx eddy, good memory.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Of note, having a spare reflex wiper laying around in the car is usefull for road rage ppl that stop and piss u off. It is a good whip.

Wont knock em out like a baseball bat. I think Mobile Dan likes the idea also.

Ok, I have to repent now for violent thoughts. :p

eddieguy

I didnt buy, I will still keep on renting, we are going through a housing crisis up here, I rather still rent. But yes, you read right, I am moving to a better space.

2 balconies, stand up shower for me, bath for the gf on other side. Central vacuum, etc, and even has a garage for me.

I move 1st of july. Will be using company box truck for small stuff, the rest is getting delivered as I thought my old appliances were at end of life, and my old home theater couch set also, so went new there, that will be delivered on moving day, so while the girls unpack boxes and we guys move the other stuff, they can stay at new place to receive. Some work buddies are helping, me I also see in my futur a few beers and pizza coming out of pocket, but it should be a blast. I hope at end of night we all end up drunk in my new garage and toast to friendship. And next day, wish for forgiveness:cool:

Thx eddy, good memory.
Sounds like you got some alright guys at work if they are willing to lend a hand. They always say you find out who your true friends are when it comes to Moving Day. I assume that saying holds true in Canada as well.

eddieguy

Of note, having a spare reflex wiper laying around in the car is usefull for road rage ppl that stop and piss u off. It is a good whip.

Wont knock em out like a baseball bat. I think Mobile Dan likes the idea also.

Ok, I have to repent now for violent thoughts. :p
Dont think ive ever seen someone go after somebody armed with a wiper blade lol

marine6212

Website
www.georgiacarry.org
@marine6212

never seen those up here, the flex ones look good also. I will call my local parts guy to see if he can get me some of those to try out. I know for a fact napa doesnt hold them. But thx for that link.

Always on the lookout for actual good working products.

Have to order them directly from the website. They don't have them in any stores!