M/T Oil

• Thread starter Matthew Lockard
  • Start date
M

Matthew Lockard

At what point is it a good idea to replace the M/T oil. Have flushed and replaced brake/ clutch fluid. Wondering if the M/T oil should be replaced.
02 Mazda Protege ES 5spd 85K

Paul

I'm The Decider
You can always look in the owners manual maintenace schedule and see what the recommendation is for the oil.Its not going to hurt anything to replace it.It should hold a little less than 3 qts of 75W90 or 80W90.

M

Matthew Lockard

Checked the owners manual and it's not listed (except for a reference in the Chile maintenance schedule to change at 48k). Will have the car in at 90k and may ask my mechanic to change the fluid.

Any ideas why Chile Maintenance is different? Now why I have Chile maintenance in a manual for a car sold in the U.S. (and a manual in English) I don't know.

Paul

I'm The Decider
That model may have been shipped and sold to Chile.

civicduty

My 90s era Honda MTs show 30k mile intervals for MTF. I believe they have now stretched the interval to 60k miles for lower maintenance image and hopefully due to better fluids.

Some MTs require a gear oil like 75w-90 GL4, others require lower viscosity oils like ATF, Synchromesh, Honda MTF, etc.