memes

billr

wrench
Staff member
Oh my, #4 looks like my "friend" the 4R70W.

I should not encourage you, I know.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Seriously, are you jerking my chain?

I can find no pictures of a TH400 that resemble that; and I know of no Chevy engines in the last 50 years that used a bellhousing-mounted starter. And, GM put removable covers on the bottom of the bellhousing to ease removal of the trans or draining of the TC.

miketx

Seriously, are you jerking my chain?

I can find no pictures of a TH400 that resemble that; and I know of no Chevy engines in the last 50 years that used a bellhousing-mounted starter. And, GM put removable covers on the bottom of the bellhousing to ease removal of the trans or draining of the TC.
Dude, don't you have any sense of humor? My God man, pull the stick out of your butt! It's a fun thread, or it was until you started crying, and, dude, there's no such thing as a 400 overdrive.

Here, make yourself useful and clean up these parts.

400-parts-web.jpg

billr

wrench
Staff member
Alas, I was trying to figure out if you really knew about transmissions, and if you were going to be a useful contributor here. Now I know...

miketx

Alas, I was trying to figure out if you really knew about transmissions, and if you were going to be a useful contributor here. Now I know...
I've worked on the stuff since the early 80's, had my own shop, stuff like that. You probably know so much that isn't so. ;)

NickD

wrench
Hollywood portrays aliens from outer space as rather unattractive persons to us, but in reality its the other way around. Ha, don't ask me how I know.