Mercedes 190e - Part Identification...crazy schtuff?

Hey, anyone out there know what the part name is of the assembly that drives the cooling fan that has a serpentine pully on it that is bolted to the fan/fan clutch? The assembly appears to be pressed into a cover that bolts to the block and has the shaft/bearings that hold the pully to the block. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

-One confused "mechanic"

What year is the car?....do you see it in this pic?......Jim

[attachment deleted by admin]

'Sorry, it's a 1993 2.6. I have the same pic and you can't see the assembly behind that picture of the fan, unfortunately. But after you get the fan and clutch assembly removed, the pully is right behind it and is what drives the fan/fan clutch.

'Hope that helps!

Any ideas?

-=Dan

Jim Fairbanks said:
What year is the car?....do you see it in this pic?......Jim

Well, one would definitely think so, but the actual water pump resides under the intake manifold and more closely a neighbor of the powersteering pump. I actually have the same data and drawings from ALLDATA, but its crazy, as the water pump is not like you'd think it would be and is in most cases, right behind the fan clutch, etc. The water pump is what I bought as I thought it was the problem (noise) until I got under the hood. I have the waterpump in hand and it is exactly what is in the car currently. If you'd like, I'll snap a quick pic, as I think there may still be enough sunlight left...

brb,

Danny

So, here's a link to show what I'm talking about...

http://www.tucsonhomesales.com/190e.html

Thoughts?

-=Danny

Fan bearing bracket. (hopefully correct)
Ebay item # 250055344196

Ford_Dude

Ok...Ford_Dude rox! Thank both of the BAT Forum Mechanix for your assistance; you guys were/are a HUGE help!

Now, off to find the fan bearing "bracket"...

Thanks again!

-=Danny G