miniductor

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I am going to post this here cuz I just love this tool.

And as a disclaimer, I am in no way affiliated with this company.

I make no profit by posting this here.

So, I have to say, this tool is now mine cuz I love it so much.

Since I am not a professional writer and lack in english skills I will just proceed to say this tool has saved me from alot of agravation that I have encountered before, such as when service writer up front desk sells McPherson struts but omits to say to client that tech may destroy the links kits.

Since using the miniductor, have not melted one yet. I wish this tool was out there a few decades ago.

A buddy of mine talked to me about this tool, and his words were, if you get it, you will love it.

You know what, yeah I love it. SO if that aint a good tool reveiw, I dont know what a review is.

This thing does exactly what it says it does, and it does it well. My boss laughs at me every time I pull it out. He says your in love with it and I am in love with the fact you cost less in acetylene and oxygen tanks.

The only hicup I have this tool is the plastic thumb screws for the electrodes. Some guys at shop are either very strong or dont know how to use finesse and drive home the thumb screws with vice grips or something similar.

So, my advice on this tool is as follows,

If your a serious DIYslfer and need to buy alot of propane or a acetylene kit, this miniductor kit will save money in long run.

If your a (seasoned tech as some here are, including myself) this kit is a must, especially for exhaust manifolds on ford pickups of the 5.4l vintage, which I especially hate.

There are several electrodes that come with the kit. Even one that can heat a volks front bearing bolt. Any good tech out there has sweated those suckers.

So this was my lame attempt at reviewing a tool. It has been at my shop for a year now, not one issue with it apart from what I wrote above, some guys at work are either careless, or dint give a f since boss bought it. Now boss said, Nick, just keep it, since you use it all the time, we make :money::money:

Here is a link to the said tool, it is expensive at first, but once you get to know it, it is a huge time saver and also is great cuz I dont get burned. ;):fixed:

billr

wrench
Staff member
That was a great review/opinion of the tool, not at all "lame".

You have cited its benefits before, and I agree it could be a real time-saver. However, here in my rust-free area I would rarely (if ever) need it.

The video shows it being used on nuts, but have you also been using it on cap-screws? Heating screw heads to red will relieve the tension and make them much easier to remove, even though the threads never get heated. Do you always replace a heated nut?