Mobik Lift

pontoon

I can see where it could come in handy. For a lot of mobile repair outfits.
Even oil changes and stuff like that.

Nick,
in your area, I can see your point.
Even in the NW, it would only be able to be used in the summer time.

But I have to admit, it does look handy to me.
Enclosed versions are available that comes with heaters for winter regions.. 12000-16000 lb lifting capacity too.

grcauto

I don't see a practical use for this.

NickD

wrench
Visited my daughter at her apartment complex, got chewed out for lifting my hood for checking the levels before taking off. Oh my God, replacing a flat tire!!!

Often wish I had a lift in my garage, but been getting by with floor jacks and my Douglas Fir blocks. Use these for railroad ties with a 450,000 pound engine, not even close with a 16,000 pound motorhome.

Those tiny little tabs on compact cars for jacking are a very sick joke and this is all you see at shops. Some vehicles have been known to drop vehicles.

My 22 foot long 1973 Cadillac Fleetwood with a 7,000 vehicle weight came with a bumper jack, these don't work very well on plastic. And the wonderful EPA is pushing to use the same kind of plastic for interiors as exteriors to ease on recycling. That's all they think about, is recycling.

Was in 1998 designed a 12/48 volt alternator where Dana promised they had electric brakes to save on recycling a pint of brake fluid, but didn't work, don't care, still got paid. Electric power steering worked, pushed by the EPA to save from recycling a pint of PS fluid. Nothing done about the millions of gallons of engine oil. But stores that sell this stuff have to take back your old oil, that can be refined at much lower cost than the new stuff, but won't pay us for it.

One thing about owning vehicles today, have to learn to bend over and smile.

pontoon

It works well for mobile mechanics , no office complex will let them work on the floor in their properties you can remove differentials you can replace exhausts and all underbody systems , very practical , things that cannot be done on the ground.Now with the online car repair platforms these units have become an acceptable standard with insurance companies for offering mobile services , a better standard than floor jacks.the enclosed version is even better as they allow the user to roll out/in transmissions .

Attachments

pontoon

Mobile makes sense.
Yes , especially these days.. theres an uptick in services being delivered to customers , this unit meets safety standards that make it acceptable for use on various properties where in the past they would not entertain mobile mechanics working floor jacks. Insurance companies also embrace it.. it.

Attachments

NickD

wrench
Is this for doing car maintenance on the shoulder of a highway? Would be screwed on many two lane roads in Wisconsin, no shoulders. Was fortunate when I filled up with water from a so-called gas station, that part of the highway I was on did have a should. Could crawl under, remove a fuel filter, have my wife switch on an added electric fuel pump on our homehome to pump that water out, and good thing I had a flashlight, happened at 1 AM in the morning.

Also had a shower so could clean myself up. Did add an electric booster fuel pump to several carb cars, with an engine driven fuel pump, took a lot of cranking to fill that carb bowl up with gas so the darn thing will start.

But if our motorhome stalled on a part of that road with no shoulder would be screwed. But really doubt if that life on a trailer could lift a motorhome.

Suppose you could buy one and do roadside oil changes.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
They are not being leased but rather being bought by entities than see the need for it in their work environments. Unit works well and each unit is customized to suit the needs of the user.If want one you have to visit their website and customize one to suit what you need it for.
If you dont mind, can you link that website, thx

pontoon

Is this for doing car maintenance on the shoulder of a highway? Would be screwed on many two lane roads in Wisconsin, no shoulders. Was fortunate when I filled up with water from a so-called gas station, that part of the highway I was on did have a should. Could crawl under, remove a fuel filter, have my wife switch on an added electric fuel pump on our homehome to pump that water out, and good thing I had a flashlight, happened at 1 AM in the morning.

Also had a shower so could clean myself up. Did add an electric booster fuel pump to several carb cars, with an engine driven fuel pump, took a lot of cranking to fill that carb bowl up with gas so the darn thing will start.

But if our motorhome stalled on a part of that road with no shoulder would be screwed. But really doubt if that life on a trailer could lift a motorhome.

Suppose you could buy one and do roadside oil changes.
Hi, no his unit is not for highway repairs but rather for home and office .most folk are either at home or at work so those are the two lotions where the unit can be used , parking lots driveways and so on definitely not to be used on a major highway. The company does make heavy duty ones too 14000lbs 16000lbs lifting capacity.

NickD

wrench
Very little overhead, but may want to purchase a tarp so you don't get wet while working.

NickD

wrench
Hi, no his unit is not for highway repairs but rather for home and office .most folk are either at home or at work so those are the two lotions where the unit can be used , parking lots driveways and so on definitely not to be used on a major highway. The company does make heavy duty ones too 14000lbs 16000lbs lifting capacity.
Ha, won't even replace a flat tire on the highway, people today will try to run you over. Wasn't this way years ago, people would stop and help you.

pontoon

Very little overhead, but may want to purchase a tarp so you don't get wet while working.
Oh the model you are looking at is one of the older models 2015 , not they have enclosed versions with the alignment lift (full lift). the open ones work will for larger vehicles e.g R.Vs as they cannot be lifted in an enclosed one due to height restrictions but they make 12000-16000 lbs. platforms open and enclosed.The enclosed version looks like a stacker railer...sides and rear all open up

pontoon

Ha, won't even replace a flat tire on the highway, people today will try to run you over. Wasn't this way years ago, people would stop and help you.
There are DOT rules and NTHS regulations that have to be followed , you cannot just willy nilly perform services on a highway .I believe these guys follows the rules and have to conform to safety standards provided.