Nascar vs F1 vs other racing

livinfast

What do you think. . has anyone been to a live event?? which is better?
Which would you go to again?

Tony

wrench
All depends on what you like.
NASCAR guys will say that they don't want to watch the snooty open wheeled racing, while the Formula 1 folks will talk about the rednecks who watch NASCAR.

Personally, I've only been to one Formula 1 race (A very long time ago) and a couple NASCAR events. My view of it was that you could see far more of the action at the NASCAR race, we did a lot of waiting around at the Formula 1 race.

It's kind of like comparing baseball to football. Both are great sports to watch, one has more action than the other, that you can see.

Just my opinion.

SteelHorse

I love NASCAR and would always love to go to a race. Ive never been to one, just cant afford the long trip to the closest track.

maybe one day ill catch a race, but Tony you bring a good point, you must have to wait a while at F1 races to see something, but then you really only see two corners. plus the center field looks like a blast at NASCAR events that have them.

livinfast

Yeah, I wanna go to one soon. is it expensive???
is it a family event kinda thing or just for the guys to go and get hammered and scream?!?!

Tony

wrench
I'll agree with Mike. NHRA would be my pick. In fact, I got quite a few times per summer.
There is always a lot of action. You can bring your family and make a day of it, but I strongly suggest good ear protection, as it can get extremely loud.
Nothing like the thunder of a top fuel dragster launching off the line.

livinfast

Nice! thanks guys, im gonna really look into getting some tickets for something. . I'm sure it's gonna be a long ol' summer and I can check out a bunch of things! I'm on the hunt for cheap, free. . any tickets to any race! the bigger tha better though!

Tony

wrench
What parts do you live in?
If the guys knew the area you were in, they might have some good suggestions to some races.

livinfast

I live just outside Toronto Canada, but I would vacation out to a place for a race this summer.
A friend actually just showed me this contest when i was talking about finding a vacation spot to see to a race this summer. you can win a wicked trip to a Nascar Sprint race. . like full on!
round trip, airfare, spending cash, tickets to the race, hotel. . . . and at the worst you get a nascar hat and shirt just for entering. can also win other stuff like xbox and ipods. . but im goin for the gold!!! i want the TRIPPPPP!!!

rock and roll!!

if you wanna check it, its at ragingmechanic. com

Tony

wrench
Take a look at these vacation packages.

http://www.actionjacksonsportstours.com/stock_car.html

http://www.choiceracing.com/

livinfast

Thanks Tony, I haven't had a chance to check it yet but I will. . been too busy.
I'm building a model of a nascar. . yes, im a loser, hahah

but check this out if your interested. . i found it on a nascar forum a couple days ago. . looks pretty cool.
it's a link to try and win a free trip to a Nascar Sprint Race.

"Trip for 2, tickets to the nascar sprint, airfare, 3 nights hotel, $500 spending money.
you can also win like xbox, gps and ipods. . . at the least you get a nascar hat and t-shirt for entering, so i guess you can't beat it with a stick.
if you wanna check it out its at ragingmechanic. com
I thought it was pretty cool so I thought I'd let you guys know about it.

not sure how many people are in it so it may be an easy way to win some prize. "

Could be sweet. ?? i hope so. . would love to win a trip like this.