Need wiring diagram to locate fuse for glove box light.

JackC

wrench
Make
Buick
Model
Park Avenue
Year
Miles
Engine
I do not have 12 volts to my glove box switch and bulb.

I have the owners manual and know the 2 fuse panel locations. There is NO mention of the glove box light fuse in the manual or on the descriptions on the 2 fuse panel. One panel is near the highlight switch and the second panel is near the right kick panel. I attempted to trace the wires but they are buried behind all the many things under the dash.

There are no other electrical outages or problems, but I pulled all fuses anyway hoping I might find the right one but only confirmed they are all good.

I also tested and confirmed the glove box door switch and bulb are good.
So, as a last resort, I need a wiring diagram or someone that can remember 32 years ago where the heck that fuse is located. :giveup:

billr

wrench
Staff member
How about the dome light, or other "door open" lights; do they all work OK?

JackC

wrench
Hi Bill: Yes, I just went out and double checked. Being a Park Ave it has lights all over the place, sun visor mirrors, doors, etc, etc. They all work.

billr

wrench
Staff member
My guess is those are all on the same circuit as the glove-box, so this may not be a fuse issue...

billr

wrench
Staff member
Does the clock still work OK? I figure you would notice that long before the glove-box light, but gotta ask... The clock and glove-box are so close together that I would think they would share the same "always hot" 12V feed.

Mobile Dan

wrench
I spent almost an hour looking for information about your glove box light, Jack, but found nothing helpful. Bill asked all the questions that I thought of asking....so...I got nothing. Frowny Face, sad puppy eyes.

grcauto

If memory serves it is fed off the cigar lighter. I couldn't find it in Mitchell.

JackC

wrench
Bill: Clock, radio, everything works.

Dan: I searched all over the internet also and found nothing.

grauto: Cigar lighter works. But that is an interesting clue. Maybe there is an open between the lighter and the glove box light.

Of course I can live with out a glove box light, I just like to keep this old car in great condition.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Do you still have a similar car nearby? If so, try disconnecting fuses on it to see which circuit powers the glove-box.