No crank no start

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Sadly, gm sucked large in the sharing dept as this was one of the first korea car sold for N/A. Widely known as the AVEO.

This attachment is the best I could find from both the mitchel and alldata. Like I said not very OE wiring friendly. But this one at least gives pin out and wire color coding.

Attachments

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
The chart for a P0315 comes straight back to ecm CKP relearm or a pcm disconnect, so you are not communicating as GRC auto said and the ecm needs a handshake.

Anytime you swap a gm "even korean" you need to do a CKP relearn, so this is a false flag code.

Attachments

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
The car is basically telling that you just throw can't ecm's at it all day and expect it to work without going on the SPS site, buy a 3 day subscription, and then you need a j2534 interface and tech 2 emulator at least.

Cheapest way if want to do it on your own. Buy a MDI china clone. Here is a link,
it will do reflash. But also consider a mongoose one. In the long run, the mongoose will be more attractive as it will interface more coverage. But it has to be j2534 protocol.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Here is very informational video of what you need to do. In this vid, he is using an autel much like mine. But the gm procedure with a china MDI clone is pretty much the same . Very important, HAVE A STABLE POWER SUPPLY!!

Caps removed.

Last edited:

billr

wrench
Staff member
You need to slow down, Nickb2. I don't think this is that complicated. I'm going to elaborate in PM to you.

I would like to find out what the OP finds with voltage tests I outlined in reply #28.

Last edited:

grcauto

Yeah, I tend to be that way sometimes.
If it's a choice between uncontrolled posting or uncontrolled tweeking....you made the right choice. BUT....if it's uncontrolled posting DUE to uncontrolled tweeking......well.... :)