Make
dodge
Model
dakota
Year
Miles
Engine
3.9L
i've replaced ignition switch, crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, reset the timing, checked the fuel pump, ects

Mobile Dan

wrench
Have you verified that "spark power" is happening at spark plugs?

Have you sprayed "starting fluid" into engine to provide an alternate fuel source to compensate for a possible lack of fuel flow?

billr

wrench
Staff member
Can we assume that it cranks OK, but won't fire?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
i've replaced ignition switch, crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, reset the timing, checked the fuel pump, ects
You replaced pretty much every thing controlled by the asd. AUTOSHUT DOWN. Very known back then, have you checked that first? Fuses, relays, basic power to "X" circuits, when replacing these useless parts, were you following joe blow's advice or a proper trouble shoot with logical reasoning?

I ain't knocking you, but if you need a chart or wiring ask for it, chucking parts at a car/truck is uselles, you are another prime example.

If you take this the wrong way, cuz it seem worded fine in my mind. Do you really want to fix this?

Ask the right questions before wasting money and mostly time at a problem you have NOT investigated through logic and knowledge of how said system works.

On this, happy hunting, ask me anything, I will provide. Wiring's, charts, name it. But if you continue to chuk parts until it works, frustrating and very time cosuming, not to mention the shyte load of parts you threw at it that could feed children in a village in a third world thing. .

gunner boy

Have you verified that "spark power" is happening at spark plugs?

Have you sprayed "starting fluid" into engine to provide an alternate fuel source to compensate for a possible lack of fuel flow?
i have verified that it has no spark,

billr

wrench
Staff member
Have you checked for injector pulses while it is cranking? Sure, it won't fire without the spark, but knowing there are injector pulses will provide some confidence that the CKP/CMP sensors and circuits are OK; and that the PCM is powering up OK.

Mobile Dan

wrench
When you turn the key on (not cranking), the ASD should click on, then click off about 1 second later. Does that happen? At the same time the DK GRN/ORG wire at the coil should have 12 volts for about 1 second (back to 0 volts when ASD clicks off). Does THAT happen?
If you turn the key off and wait about 5 seconds, and then turn the key on again the ASD should do the same click on/off again.