Honda
Model
Accord
Year
Miles
?
Engine
?
Looking at a free car (they do exist!). Guy has no clue what the problem is, other than stating oil is leaking into the intake and going down the carb.

My first thought would be a bad intake gasket. Thoughts?

No idea the mileage or any other issues.

Looking for a cheap first car for my son. Free is good!

Probably plugged PCV system. Or engine is just worn. May be possible to rig up some sort of "oil trap" to keep oil out of carb.
Free is a great price if it starts, stops, accelerates and idles. Does it do all those things?

grcauto

Is that the engine which uses vacuum to achieve engine, transmission and emissions management?

abrad

Probably plugged PCV system. Or engine is just worn. May be possible to rig up some sort of "oil trap" to keep oil out of carb.
Free is a great price if it starts, stops, accelerates and idles. Does it do all those things?
Have no idea as of yet. That was all the info the guy provided! Definitely free is a good starting point, but not if its going to be a money pit!
Don't even know yet if my son would be interested in the car. I was asleep when he got home.

abrad

Is that the engine which uses vacuum to achieve engine, transmission and emissions management?
Have no idea what the setup is. All the guy put in his online write up was "free car"! That and the mention that it is sucking oil into the intake, which then enters the carb...

grcauto

Have no idea what the setup is. All the guy put in his online write up was "free car"! That and the mention that it is sucking oil into the intake, which then enters the carb...
Sounds like the engine has a bad hole. Probably needs a rebuild. Why wouldn't they junk it and get a few bucks out of it?

abrad

Sounds like the engine has a bad hole. Probably needs a rebuild. Why wouldn't they junk it and get a few bucks out of it?
Who knows why they wouldn’t. Definitely beginning to sound like a money pit from what people are saying...

grcauto

BTW I do believe these have the vacuum box with about 20 different vacuum operated devices inside. It will seem intimidating but it's not that bad. If you get this vehicle I suggest you get a box of vacuum tubing and replace them all.