P0043 BANK1 Sensor3

JMC

Hi all,

I hope you are doing well. My car is a C4 grand Picasso 2013 1.6hdi
It's wearing a DPF (because is not using a typical CAT) and I have the following code:

P0043 Bank 1 sensor 3

The car is running underpowered in Auto (by the way, the gears shift change too early for me and lag in response to the accelerator pedal) and has high fuel consumption.

I have cleaned the DPF filter, changed the DPF differential pressure sensor, refilled the Additive FAP, done the Timing Belt, gear box oil service, oil service, fuel filter replaced and cleaned the AGR valve (Jesus !!! very hidden ... I've check the electric motor and is working). EGS returned high pressure hose replaced (replaced by previous owner), EGS oil is full...

Also Suddenly came an error in my ECO/START*STOP, the message eco shown in the dashboard like is activated, but is not working, if I switch off and on with the bottom the message does not disappear, nothing happens if I disconnect the battery.... are both issues linked? I mean, if the engine does not working properly, the eco system is not working either.... that means sense? maybe the pull tensor is not working well and does not give the right voltage to the alternator making the ECO/START*STOP fail and is linked with the P0043 as one of the causes: Low battery voltage

BTW I am much more concerned about the lack of power and high fuel consume... also the lack of power is even worse when the car is cold, and is going worse.
My car does not have the common oxy sensor installed in the CAT, it has a tube (tube not blocked) linked to DPF PRESSURE SENSOR 9662143180 senso1170
I've replaced the pressure sensor (I need a remap?) and I can feel an improvement, however, I can feel the engine is forced, needs high rev to climb hills or run from a stopped position.
PS: the fault P0043 still active

Your help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance

billr

wrench
Staff member
This is a Citroen car, with diesel engine, that is not sold in the North American market. I doubt we will be able to be of any help.

Reactions: JMC

JMC

This is a Citroen car, with diesel engine, that is not sold in the North American market. I douHi Bill, bt we will be able to be of any help.
Hi Bill, thanks for your input. To be honest this is the only website where I found the code P0043 .... But thanks anyway

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I am going to try to attack this since I am off work.

This is going to be a difficult thread, but lets go with, basics.

try watching a few of these videos from your region, they may help

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
maybe the pull tensor is not working well and does not give the right voltage to the alternator making the ECO/START*STOP fail
This does not make sense to me, so I will study why it does not makes sense to me, and try to post back in proper English how to resolve this issue.

So if you have eliminated the alternator as good, the low voltage is either the circuit, or the sensor itself. The CPU has its own algorithm to check that, it can be found in mode six data. Or, the dpf filter itself is in a non working condition, confusing the issue and producing a false code. So that also has to be checked.

if you can, try to induce a regen, see what happens after that, if no go, this sytem is not very freindly to mods, we will or I will talk you through the rest, you just have to be patient with me as I take time to translate all this.

But if your driving a citroen, I speak french, it is my native tongue. You will just have to suffer mon joual.

billr

wrench
Staff member
I was hoping you (nickb2) would tackle this challenge! I am also hoping this Citroen is being worked on with French cussing, so you and the OP can converse without translating problems.

JMC

Thanks all of you for your inputs and your efforts translating to your mother tongue. I've checked the the air flow mass and is not variation of voltage when accelerate the car.... but what is confusing me is the error code P0043 Bank 1 sensor 3, sensor3 is the one located downstream (after the DPF), this code says that is low voltage from the sensor.... however is not a common oxy sensor installed after the DPF, is a tube linked to a pressure sensor unit (replaced already, item from Dealer) but the car still having the same problems. Once I've replaced the air flow mass, I will let you know.
To all of this, this Friday my clutch burnt ( is a manual gearbox with EGS system, this mean hydroelectric system that change the gears for you, so a semi-auto). This is why took me time to reply your posts.
I am in the middle of the work, once I will fit the DMF+Clutch kit and the air flow mass, I will let you know how its working.
However, after replace the clutch in this car, I will need a gearbox calibrated with a diagnosis tool ...Jesus!!!
If nothing of this works, I will do another DPF filter cleaning.... and if is not working, I will burn the fucking car.... lol

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
manual gearbox with EGS system
take a look here, see if this suits your needs It says it does clutch electronics, but I cannot certify this on a Citroen, even though I have that option in my autel, have never used that option. I just know it has it. There are a few educational videos put on the net that explain.

Anyway, call your locals over there, just to see.

good luck

link below

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.