P0191: 2005 E250 5.4: Code but no driveability issues

jay

Trying to help a single parent out with this handicapp equipped van. Not sure what the mileage is.
2005 E250, 5.4

Has MIL code of P0191. Owner replaced the fuel rail sensor (before I got involved) but code still returns after about 60 miles of driving

Today, I looked at FF data to see what LTFT was showing: Both banks around +4.
Saw FP PID (relative) of 23.96 in FF. Also looked at all monitors and they had run completed with no failures.

Van runs good; no driveability or misfire issues going on. Owner had it at local Ford dealer and they wanted to replace fuel pump, but owner has declined so far.

I've got access to a snap on scanner and multimeter and some past auto tech school training to tackle this.

Looking for some direction to start on this. I've read that the FP driver modules are prone to failing in salt laden areas. This van is clean and is in NC with no salt issues.

Thanks,

jay

kev2

wrench
yes on inspection FPDM - a shitty place - corossion and wiring damage.
experiance - change fuel filter ....hope thats it

simle overview of system
single fuel line - no return - Fuel pressure is controlled by FPDM varing voltage to pump... if voltage to obtain desired pressure is not within spec- will code... there are also P1xxx manu specific - the snappie should have reported them but got to mention
> Check fuel pressure..
> Change fuel filter.. step 1
> check the data for FRPS
> check actual voltage to fuel pump - @6-9 -