P0430 Chevy Express '97

billr

wrench
Staff member
Nickb2, I do not need to see graphing in real-time, I only want to grab the data in a format that can be graphed for viewing/posting later. Does that added info change your "no way" answer for TP?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I think I posted this here, but a way long time ago. Palmer performance has a elm interface software, that does some cool data logging,

here is a link

Ya never know, you may have checked this link out before. I even think it works with megasquirt systems and such as they share comm.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
the data acquisition is done on a slow baud rate, needs translation. Hence the importance of the software, The chip itself can handle j2534 protocal, so anything under that, should be fine.

This is a old software, but a unique one, provably built on old lux code. 2000ish date of market. Of note, works well with win 10, but lacks. Best to have a win 7 virtual; environment.

Works real good on linux kernel format baud rate is improved.

But for a 1996 chev van, probably can catch a glicht easy with your knowledge.

And no, it does not change my NO way, torque pro is an interface made for the masses. Only thing usefull for smnog testing in that software is mode six.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
torque pro app is only good for the back yard fluffy millennial. and I digress.

It sure is an eye catcher, but apart from that, mostly meaningless data I dont need. It wont show milliamps or other lambda values I need, justs show obd2 strict minimum.

dabunk

wrench
Website
www.facebook.com
torque pro app is only good for the back yard fluffy millennial. and I digress.

It sure is an eye catcher, but apart from that, mostly meaningless data I dont need. It wont show milliamps or other lambda values I need, justs show obd2 strict minimum.
Thank you for the vote of confidence in our abilities!!!

billr

wrench
Staff member
Well, my best guess is bad cats. I have a couple on order, whole pipe/cat assemblies for a no-weld install ($845!). Hopefully, I will close this thread out in about two weeks when the cats have arrived and it has passed smog-check.