P0455 AND P2135

bergpws

Please help! Our truck keeps having these codes come up and the dealer fixed something a while ago and now its happening again. What would fix this problem? The last time it happened they changed the TPS-throttle positioning sensor-it was a yellow wire- they repaired it.
Can someone help me?
Codes P0455 AND P2135
Thanks!
Christine

Jim Fairbanks

wrench
Can you tell us the kind of truck, the year and engine size?...More info would really help...the PO455 could just be a loose gas cap and the P2135 could be a tps problem...does it run ok?......let us know more about it......Jim

autodr

I'm guessing and F-series, 2004 New-body and newer by the complaint....

p02135 means that there is a discrepancy in the readings between TPS 1 and TPS 2. The PCM "knows" about what each one should read compared to the other one. One of the 2 is not reading right. Both are inside the same TPS housing on the side of the throttle body, but that doesn't mean the TPS is bad... could be a wiring issue between the TPS and the PCM. But... if it is a Ford like I am guessing... those are POS's... you'll go through a few in the life of the truck. Especially if it is a 2005 3 valve 5.4L. There is also a reflash that is supposed to go with that new TPS.

The p0455 means that when the PCM tried to pump the gas tank down into a vacuum to test for a leak, it was never able to pump it down to target vacuum. That can be caused by a severe leak, like a gas cap off.... something that big... or... could be a bad VMV not applying vacuum to the tank.