P0700 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

I went out to start my truck this morning and it wouldn't start. Acted like the battery was totally dead. I tried to jump it but all I could get was a series of clicks. I hooked up my engine diagnostic and got a P0700 Trans code. Also got a low system voltage code.

Any thoughts?

May worth it to check batt terminal(clean & snug) & the terminal on the starter. Batt voltage with a VOM on the post not the terminal.
wrench

billr

wrench
Staff member
You said "it acted like it was dead", is it really dead (discharged)? If so, charge it up and let's start from there.

Thanks. Did notice a little corrosion on the negative terminal. I'll clean that and re-try the charging. Any idea about the "clicking" with the turn of the key?

Thanks again!!!

The battery was so drained that I couldn't use the power locks. I hooked our Impalla up to it and let it run for about 10 mins. Even then all I got was the accessories and a repetitive "clicking" noise when I turned the ignition key.

sounds like a discharged battery is first issue, sometimes jumping won't get er going....maybe swap in a known good batterty, recharge, check for a draw while at the cables -test lamop in neg side between terminal and removed cable.

I am Thinking positive- the issue is low voltage.... get it running then check voltage at battery @14v ?

FYI p0700 is a "generic" trans code ofteen there are other codes - is your scanner capable of the Manufacturer specific codes- P1000 and up?

PS: tell us - modifications, recient work- anything not stock?

I'll check the scanner codes. As for mods/repairs. The only modification was a cap on the bed but that was 5 years ago.

Changed the battery. Interstate Mega-Tron Plus. Seems to be running fine. Thanks for all the help!!!