P0716

I'm getting an intermittent P0716 on my 2004 Buick Regal LS. We have also noticed fluctuating RPM's at cruising speeds. I don't know if they are related. The code indicates it may be the input speed sensor of the transmission. Where is this sensor located?
Thanks,
Craig
2004 Buick Regal LS

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
This sensor is located on the driver's side of the trans facing the pass. side. It is a 2 wire sensor held in with a small bolt. Before you replace it, check your connections and also look to see if the wires have been moved or chewed or they can be stretched too tight. I have seen then repositioned when someone does a tune up or changes the air filter. Check your battery for corrosion as well as any other connectors and look at the ground wires for good connections, take the ground wires off and look to make sure they are nice and shiny. Post back with results, Transman

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
Haven't been able to master posting pictures here, maybe JJM or Jim Fairbanks could post the pict. Transman
By way of description, it is on the driver's side just above the manual linkage. It will have a 2 wire connector.

At this point I'm going to drop it off at the dealership. Last night my wife said it seemd like never shifted out of third gear. The RPM's were around 2700 at 55 mph.

The dealership tech found some chaffed wires. The insulation was rubbed off. They wanted 275.00 to fix it. They charged me 105.00 to diagnose it. I spliced in a new piece for one and taped up the other. I secured everything so it won't rub on anything again. Went on a 20 mile test drive with no problems. Hopefully that was it. The tech said the sensor is inside the transmission.