P1780 CODE TRANS OD OUT OF SELF TEST

I have 1997 Ford F 150 4.2 v-6 , I am getting a code P1780 Trans OD out of self test, I had the engine rebuilt am getting this code. I am wondering if this is a major problem or just a lose wire. Can anyone give me a hint where to look or check to clear the code. The truck runs really good, but it sometimes feels like it slugs and drags a little when I'm driving on the freeway. Any help will greatly appreciated.

mac 101010

Not sure you have the right defenation for that code.
Check bat trouble code link.
What transmission?
4W or 2W ?
Codes need to be cleared and re checked for what shows back up on with a engine/transmission capable scanner?
Ant transmission slippage and is all gears working right?
Engine running good?

Thanks Crunch , sorry for lack of info it runs really good smooth and the trans works really good, it does not slip at all. It is a 2w drive with a 3 spd overdrive trans. I have cleared the codes after fixing other problems with it and the only codes left on my scanner are P1703,P1780,P1116. Again the truck runs really good with no problems with the trans of any kind, just not sure where to look or check for the code problems where the problem may be. Any help in this matter will greatfully be appricated.

BILL

code 1703 if Boo Switch code that may be from not pressing brake on self test.
Clear code and re run self test and make sure you press brake pedal and turn wheel and press OD switch and goose gas if asked to.

Code 1780 is TCS problem.
Get the repair flow chart for that code and go threw it.

Code 1156 is for fuel select switch.
Also.
Make sure engine is running up to par.

Thanks a million Crunch I followed your advice and was able to clear codes on the trans and brake switch. I forgot to switch the OD switch ,step on the brake pedal and turn wheel, I did all this and it cleared all the remaning codes. Again thanks for your help.

BILL

You are welcome.
Glad you got it cleared and fixed.
And thanks for posting back how it went.