P2610 code on Hyundai Entourage

jjames1978

I have a 2007 Hyundai Entourage van. GLS w/3.8 engine. The check engine light is on. The scanner showed code P2610: ECM/PCM Internal Eng.-off Timer Perf.
I have no idea what that means. Will you please help? Also, when foot is off the gas coming to a stop or jusrt slowing down the head lights will dim low then right back to normal everytime. This includes inside lights as well. A few months ago i woke up to find the brake lights were on like someone was pushing the brake pedal. Well, that hasnt happened for awhile now. But i was told my brake light switch needs replaced. Any suggestions?

First thing you need to do is have the battery and alternator tested....Sounds like the alternator might have a problem...Jim

jjames1978

I actually had the battery tested it tested higher than what it was supposed to be. I will have alt testested and get back with you. Thanks

jjames1978

I went to Advance Auto and they put a tester on my van. The battery and starter are ok. But the Alt. wouldnt even register. So i will replace Alt when i get the money. Thanks

jjames1978

Have not replaced alt yet. Mechanic wants 500 to replace. Or i could go get it myself for 120 + 60 core. Either which i dont have. I will replace as soon as i get the money. Does anyone know of any recalls on the above vehicle??

p 2610 may be a computer malfunction dealing with emision control while the engine is at rest. You might be able to get it replaced free of charge by the dealer if it truly is the cause of the computer timing issue with the emissions system. Depends on the mileage of the vechicle.
Also as Jim said it could be something to do with the battery or charging system. You need to have a fully charged battery for this emissions check to work properly. I think you need to call the dealer and tell him about your 2610 Code. Of course they will have to retrieve the code themselves and if it proves out it is actually the computer, it will be replaced for free if it is still in the emissions warranty. But if it is not the computer, you will be responsible for all the charges. It would not hurt to just talk to them about this issue. Need to get that alternator problem fixed and the codes reset to see if the code comes back before calling the dealer.