Pandemic closed down our barber shops.

NickD

wrench
In the military two weeks was the maximum before getting your next haircut. Not quite long enough yet for a pony tail, but getting there.

Wife reminds me in only just one way of my sergeant, likes me with a short hair cut, not like one of these long hair freaks. No offense intended to any long hair guys here.

billr

wrench
Staff member
I still have hair, but my wife started cutting it over 50 years ago. I am a "worker bee" with skinned knuckles and dirt under my fingernails. My hair is clean and more-or-less neat; not "styled".

jigfeett

#1 guard Wahl trimmer every 2 months whether I need it or not. I think it costs $20 over ten years ago, what's that about 16 cents a cut. When it wears out I'll go for cordless rechargeable.
Wife always goes to the salon $100 + and nails too. She is beautiful!

NickD

wrench
Raised five boys and four girls, would go broke sending them to a barber or hair stylist so did the cutting myself in particular when the nearest barber was 18 miles away. I can trim the sides of my head so I don't look like Bernie Sanders, but at 81, my hair is still brown yet.

My wife also trusts me to trim her hair, not much different than doing any delicate work, little here little there.

Trimming the hair off a miniature puddle is a challenge, friend has one and couldn't hold her still, has to be trimmed or they can't see where they are going, we have a German Shepard don't need trimming.

jigfeett

Wahl #1 is a hair trimmer that has a bunch of different snap on hair guards so you don't cut to close. If you do not use a guard you'll end up very close to shaved bald.
The #1 is about a 1/4 inch. Mine is so old it is not listed on the website anymore.

NickD

wrench
Military barbers never had those thickness guards, saved us money not having to buy a comb. Never had any clothes with that many pockets, but wasn't allow to use them, cigarettes with matches went in one sock, wallet with a dollar in it and pass went in the other sock. Cigarettes were 90 cents a carton, about the only thing we could afford to buy.

Like watching war movies where our boys run out of ammunition, but never cigarettes, even the Germans in Russia had plenty of smokes. This is all history now.

NickD

wrench
Controlled by the governor of each state, he is a democrat is that the same as a Nazi?

Actually the communist shut this down, another name is the Chinese.

Youngest grandsons in 1st and 3rd grade are going to school full time claim they are more immune to this disease. Granddaughter in middle school just Tuesdays, Thursdays and every other Friday, but instead of going from class to class, stay in the same classroom and different teachers come in.

Asked her if she is taking wood shop and is her shop teacher dragging in all that wood cutting equipment. No grandpa!

My barber did open for a half a day, no more pony tail. Get up in the morning, brush my hair with my hand and done.

miketx

Controlled by the governor of each state, he is a democrat is that the same as a Nazi?

Actually the communist shut this down, another name is the Chinese.

Youngest grandsons in 1st and 3rd grade are going to school full time claim they are more immune to this disease. Granddaughter in middle school just Tuesdays, Thursdays and every other Friday, but instead of going from class to class, stay in the same classroom and different teachers come in.

Asked her if she is taking wood shop and is her shop teacher dragging in all that wood cutting equipment. No grandpa!

My barber did open for a half a day, no more pony tail. Get up in the morning, brush my hair with my hand and done.
Yeah, the governors are a cancer.