Perplexed

ej1619

Saturday we took my 08 Ram 1500 mega cab on a little day trip, the truck has the 4.7 flex fuel with a little over 209000 miles. On the way down everything was fine, but on the return trip it stopped shifting into overdrive. We managed to get it home by turning overdrive off in it's entirety. I pulled the the codes via the key method and the only one to come up is P0734. Important to know, is that the light would come on and off every so often but not stay on. It seems that when I'd carry it to the shop the error would correct itself and no codes would report(did this 4 times) Now armed with the code I have found conflicting information. From best I can find the input and output speed sensors need replacing. Here is the perplexing part in the course of this research I have read this truck has no speed sensors. That is where the confusion on my part comes in. Does this truck have them or not? I can find listings for the parts online but not in the everyday box stores, I need to make the same trip this weekend and need to solve this issue in advance. Thanks Earl

Mobile Dan

wrench
Which transmission? I see 5 different ones listed for 2008 Ram, 4.7, 2wd. I didn't check trans options for 4wd.

ej1619

Best I can figure is the 46RLE, however I am not 100% certain.

Mobile Dan

wrench
Looks like those sensors are mounted horizontally on the driver's side of transmission. Each sensor has two wires.