PO299 code

tdark

I am posting this for a friend. If this is in the incorrect topic then I apologize. He is working on a city ambulance with the 6.0 power stroke, E350 12/05 year model. The turbo was replaced because of noise coming from it. The truck did not have any power to speak of and he thought being the turbo was making sounds that he replace it. That fixed the problem as far as noise but still no power. When he drove it today after installing the rebuilt turbo it set a code of PO299. He said the power problem was not all the time but it did seem as the power was not up to par anytime when I took a spin with him today. Any tips on this would be welcomed. Thomas

greasemonkey

Code p0299 is a turbo under boost code most likely caused by sticky vanes in the vgt turbo another common cause is a bad exhaust back pressure sensor. I don't know how good your rebuilder is but have seen a few power strokes with this problem. It is also rec to go through a relearn procedure after a turbo has been replaced. HTH Greasemonkey :)

tdark

Thanks, I will pass that on and let you know what they find. Thanks again, Tom