Make
Pontiac
Model
Torrent
Year
Miles
Engine
3.4l
The buckle for the front passenger seat on my 2008 Torrent is not working. The retractor and belt work fine, but it won't "clip" into the buckle part.

Is this repairable or do I need a new one? Part number, anyone?

JP

So far I've found part # 19149915 for "ebony" color, which is about $30 more than the beige color. So far it's been around $90 new.

Last edited:
I have about 80% success with repair by spraying silicone spray, probing inside to dislodge jamming item, whipping it around to help aforementioned item to fly out.

JP

Didn't work. Something is busted inside. Guess it's one of those 20%. Found one on eBay for $20.

JP

Pretty easy job. Only difficult part was getting the trim screw out.

Who puts in a 1" torx head screw under the seat to hold in a piece of trim that pretty much isn't going anywhere? smh

Well, yeah, it didn't go anywhere, but that's not the point. LOL

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Who puts in a 1" torx head screw under the seat to hold in a piece of trim that pretty much isn't going anywhere? smh

Well, yeah, it didn't go anywhere, but that's not the point. LOL

Hi JP, actually, that is the bolt that anchors down the seat belt to body of car. Not the trim. Probably looked like this. I have snapped so many T55's it is not funny on these insane bolts. :eek: With that extremme lock tight they put on there, and body rust to pretty much ensure it all locks in there for all eternity, no wonder they sell and or warranty torx sockets. Simply bad engineering. Or they just don't want you to f with it.

13_DSC05868.jpg

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Reminds me of when I broke my pinky finger on a 10mm hex bolt. The hex socket snapped. Mind you, this was a mitshubishi head bolt TTY.

TTY (torque to yield). So my hand smashed on the side of the battery of said eagle talon. My pinky is no longer usefull as before. But that was decades ago. I have grown beyond the use of that finger. ;)

JP

Hi JP, actually, that is the bolt that anchors down the seat belt to body of car. Not the trim. Probably looked like this. I have snapped so many T55's it is not funny on these insane bolts. :eek: With that extremme lock tight they put on there, and body rust to pretty much ensure it all locks in there for all eternity, no wonder they sell and or warranty torx sockets. Simply bad engineering. Or they just don't want you to f with it.

View attachment 10499
Yes, perhaps I wasn't clear. There's a piece of trim that partially covers the end of the belt buckle with the hole in it for access to the anchor bolt you pictured. I had to partly loosen the trim to get the electrical connector attached to the buckle out after I took out the (pictured) anchor bolt. The trim bolt I'm referring to is at the back of the seat. It's a torx head bolt, which was more difficult to get out than the seat belt anchor bolt.

In my case, it wasn't too difficult to get out the (pictured) bolt, but agreed, there's a ridiculous amount of locktight on there. I get it...liability, but no way that bolt would ever come out on its own. Probably don't want people to f with it. ;)