Project car, sn95 body, engine seized

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok, update, motor came in yesterday, what a mess. Junkyard butcher again.

Do these guys ever learn.

The dude cut every connector at 1 half inch of said connector. Why? oh why

He wanted a 200$ for core, I said go screw your self.

I know need all my old connectors and such cuz your idiot guy cut them short and most of all, cut those that didn't need to be cut. I was I rate.

Now, for those interested, this thread to start to be fun. If not, I will go elsewhere, cuz this laser red car is gonna see a 1/4mile no matter what.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Keep posting here. Did they punch a big hole in the pan to drain it? What damage did you find in the old engine?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Actually, was amazed at how clean it was when I took off the valve covers. No loose rockers which is a good sign. Might just be a viable 5.0l ho roller.

I will post a few pictures here and there. But this is a budget build. So don't expect a youtube style influencer type deal.

The gaskets are original, and as a bonus, has a trick flow upper intake add on, oil pan is new, water pump is new, I will take a feeler gauge to the two oil pumps I have to see which one is best.

As of now, I get the other week off, had some time coming, boss is happy to give me my lift at work for the whole week. So I get to paint engine bay, and mostly, clean up the hole I saw on right front strut mount. Classic with these body styles up here.

All in all, clean car, needs body love as usual. Alternator is new, starter is new, water pump is new, two new oil pans, etc.

Some one told me to upgrade the oil pump drive, so will order that off of summit racing or other.

Apart from that, car should finally be in my driveway in next couple of weeks, where I can get some primer and paint on car. I wish I had a full size garage, but with the help of friends and colleagues, should be a strip boy soon.

In the mean time, tuesday is colonoscopy time, dang. Getting old sucks. ;):bat:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
How ever, some thing here is real hard to find, the PS pully. If any one of you has one, plz let me know. Cuz that is almost impossible to find..

The pully on the unit right know is dinged and a chunk broke off, kinda like a newbie using the edge as a wedge for other stuff. Anyway, since I am going to redline this car, certainly need a new one.

So, as we say in french, je vous mets au defi de me trouvez ca.

power steering pump pulley. NEED ONE. will pay for shipping. no one has this.

billr

wrench
Staff member
I will start looking for one, but doubt I will find one for that specific M/M/Y. It will probably have to come off a Ford 5.0L from another application, in a nearby year. Get prepared to provide data like pulley OD, shaft bore ID, number of belt grooves, and off-set of belt centerline from hub surface that seats against front pump bearing. That way we can be sure whatever I can find is the same.