Pulley removal on mower

eddieguy

Looking to find a way to remove a pulley from a broken spindle. Got a John Deere tractor with a broken spindle. Got a new spindle coming but a pulley does not come with it so I’m trying to figure out how to remove the old pulley from the broken spindle so I can put it on the new spindle. Any help in how to do this is appreciated image.jpg

grcauto

wrench
If I remember I think I used a power steering pump pulley puller or a steering wheel puller. One or the other will get it.

billr

wrench
Staff member
I gotta ask... have tried simply unscrewing the nut?

eddieguy

Problem fixed. One person from the John Deere shop said over the phone that the new spindle would not come with a pulley too but when I went to pic it up it had one on it so that helped greatly.

I would of thought that when they were looking up the spindle part, there would have been a pic on the screen showing it had a pulley on it. This mower is for my brothers mowing service. We thought we would take the old spindle off and have it off already and the new part was coming in the next day if we had been told correctly that it indeed did come with the pulley already on it we could of saved some time and frustration trying to remove the old pulley from spindle

has a new belt and spindle/pulley combo so he’s back in Business now. Don’t know how much money we saved putting it on ourselves but this part was 216 smackers