Range rover evogue , getting code for B1206 AND ALSO TRANSMISSION FAULT

GETTING CODE B1206 AND TRANSMISSION FAULT SHOWING ON THE SCREEN. CAR WONT CRANK , ALL LIGHT ON THE DASH COMES ON , CAR WONT START ONLY HEAR A LITTLE CLICK WHEN I TRY TO START VEHICLE. PLEASE HELP.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Well, what I am seeing is that a B1206 indicates "A crash event has occurred"! Is there more to this story? If that really is the proper code/definition, then I'm thinking the car has been "immobilized" for safety until inspected and the code cleared.

Well, what I am seeing is that a B1206 indicates "A crash event has occurred"! Is there more to this story? If that really is the proper code/definition, then I'm thinking the car has been "immobilized" for safety until inspected and the code cleared.
Thank you for your response, yes it was involved in a crash but, am trying to take it to the body shop to fix the damage, but it wont start, the engine wont even role , the light only comes on in the dash, please advice, if I clear the code would it start or I have to do something else? thanks for your help

billr

wrench
Staff member
Well, you could try clearing the code, that may get it to start; but it was set for a reason! The car may still not be operable, it may not be "safe" to drive. And, I mean safe for you, safe for other motorists, and safe from causing further damage to the car itself. This should be a tow job, trailers for that can be rented fairly inexpensively. Certainly, if just clearing the code doesn't get it to start, then towing gets even more practical. Fussing with the wiring to bypass the "crashed disable" will be far more of a pain than is worth it to avoid a tow...

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Well this is a vehicle I rarely see.

I am getting conflicting info. Yes, it is a crash event. But more specifically, it is a loss of signal of the EIC system and/or cluster module. That is at least my understanding.

And since you are experiencing multiple failures, I would investigate all wiring harnesses which may have been severed during the collision.

Oddly, my database does not give a code B1206 for your specific vehicle..

So I cannot provide a flowchart. If you can provide the code for the trans fault, it may help pin point if this is a BUS/MUX line issue.

If insurance is taking care of the damage then you should do nothing and have it towed to the body shop. If you mess with it they could say it is your responsibility and your cost.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
From my understanding, EIC means electronic indicator control circuit open.

So check bat+ and ground. If all is ok, switch out the switch.

Since it was a collision, wiggle test before replacing the switch. You may find a short there and save time and :money:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
The EIC actuator may also be at fault, but the BCM should see that.

Since I don't have my crystal ball in my pocket right now, I highly suspect a harness issue.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Basically. this is like a boat deck lid over load. The car/truck got bent, confusing the BCM. Providing power to it, not seeing a negative return and possibly tripping the relay module.

Since I like repeating myself, focus on the "open" cuz the BCM will code a bad ground code. Which brings me back to logic, severed or severely stretched out wire harness due to impact.