Rating flashlights according to lumens.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
ok again 4 am and again I probably went to far, and will be thinking about lumens all day. Thx eddie. :)

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
now I have to translate all this shyte into something I can actually talk about with my french co workers.

Then they will say, nick was up again at 4 am on BAT auto.

:eek::bat::D:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
so my guess is

If all the ppl that stormed the capitol building, which I think is a symbol of democracy for you guys, much like our parlement hill

those crazy ppl were a few lumens short of a candle.

:D:fixed:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
is the fuse white hot, or yellow hot is the question

Right now, you amercian guys need to tread real carefull not to get burned.

That situ is white hot

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
magnesium white hot. It white, it burns hot and fast.

Much like the usa right now.

good thing twitter, and facebook and snap chat finally shut that trump prick down.

Sorry for the trump, lovers, we await your invading our parliamentary buildings. We have a few canoes and beaver tails to help you along the way to your own oblivion.

But I must say, time for this day time show to end. Days of our lives still lives on, and yes, it is just a tv show.

YOUR FIRED!!

LMAO

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I mean, seriously, us candaians go to war in a desert in green camo, so that gives you an idea that we are better at warfare when peace and quiet is there.

Helps keep the wildife subdued and keeps food abundant than just burning white hot in a flash of egotistical glory.

They will probably keep the last 4 yrs of usa history out of the futur history books, too embarasing

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
but then I digress, this was about lumens and eddies healthy fascination with flashlights and the concept of enlightenment. Lightning I mean.

Eddie, I rather you fascinate on that, than know you help pillage your ancestry.

So saturday, we are in curfew, lockdown. Oh, thats tomorrow. oops.

I hope the trump ppl up here stay calm.

Yeah, a few of them crazies up here. Protested in montreal the other day.

Go home. Leave us alone.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
@eddie, hope the other scientific stuff helped you understand.

Forget my trump rants. We are all just sick and tired of that f ing cry baby. Man, what a f ing man child.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Oh my, what a busy boy you have been! (Or is that "asininely assiduous"?)

I think a steradian would have flat sides, more like a pyramid than a cone, but really, who cares?

I refer to lumens as a rough guess of how "bright" a light will be, but for me the best info is gained by just turning the damn thing on! Units of light like candles, candelas, lux, lumens, foot-candles, etc. are too esoteric to be of practical benefit to me; attempts to provide a "scientific" precision to a natural phenomenon (human vision) that is too subjective to be quantified scientifically.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I got carried away, all those new words. I got curious george then got hung up on trump.

Yes, I did watch curious george, it was one of my favorites to watch until I grew older and started liking gi joe and goldorak.

It was fun to study very briefly how a common term such as lumens is more complex than I would have thought.

And yes, I totally agree,
the best info is gained by just turning the damn thing on!
:)