Make
Cadilac
Model
Escalade
Year
Miles
Engine
Hello!

I have an oil leak from the CPS, in a 2007 Escalade 6.2L, the senors is working fine but want to change it out to fix the leak. My question is about the relearning procedure for the CPS. Does it require a scanner to reprogram or is there a method that does not require a scanner?

I appreciate any input, thanks!

Rick.

grcauto

Are you sure it's the CKS.

Roux21

Yes, I believe so, I pulled the bellhousing inspection cover and check the flywheel and no oil in there, so think the rear main is good. Changed out the valve cover gaskets, and the intake valley gasket. The oil is still dripping from the starter.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
My humble opinion, a few wide opens and it will relearn itself, its not like you took apart the engine and REALLY need a CASE relearn.\

My $.02

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
How ever if your hell bent on doing a relearn even if it starts, try spending about a 100ish bucks for a vxdiag nano

With a old laptop, bingo, you get the option to do way more than just a relearn.

Links here below. However, installing the software needs attention, so heed instructions to the letter.

If your laptop is running xp, wont be a problem, but I have never encountered a problem in win 7 even on virtual machine if your win 8 and higher.

Dont know about the new win 11 release,. will have to test that out.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Of note, the link says crack free so this follows forum rules.

TIS 2000 support up 2007 so you r golden.

For a more recent approach, you may want to invest more in one of these. That way, since your investing, might ass well buy something that does 2007 and up.

Roux21

Good to know, I was concerned that it may not start or would damage something if I started it.

Thanks Nick for the link to the diagnostic and reprogramming tool; wish I knew about this sooner, a couple of months back I bought a OBDLink MX+ OBD2. It works well but lacks the programing capability.

Thanks Rick

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
No problem Rick. It is a sort of hobby of mine, these clone things and such.

So if you have any other questions, dont hesitate. It still is a good site for info.

Roux21

I agree it is a good site, I originally joined in 2007. I had not been on here for a while and could not reset my password as my email has changed, so I created a new account.

Glad to see that some of the same members are still around! I will let you know how it goes when I change the CPS out. Thanks again.

Roux21

Just a quick updated... I dropped the starter to change the CPS and noticed that it was fairly dry, but the dipstick tube was very wet. The starter and and the area toward the rear of the tube were also very wet. Pulled the tube to find the o-ring surface was all pot marked. I have driven a few hundred miles since replacing the o-ring and all is dry. I did not change the CPS since it was not leaking oil.

grcauto

I didn't think the sensor was the problem but figured you would find the problem when going after it. Glad it was easy enough and not coming from the intake or head.