Chevrolet
Model
Venture Ls
Year
Miles
?
Engine
V6 3.4
My 2004 Chevrolet venture started running rough yesterday during idling and worse when accelerating. And my van smells of gas. Codes its reading is misfire on cylinder 1 and evap emission system leak/no flow. Im needing help figuring out what i need to do to fix this problem. Ive changed spark plugs already about 1 month before this started. Going to change out the spark plug wires.

grcauto

Smelling gas? The purge valve may be sticking open but that don't set the no flow code. Fuel pressure?

kev2

wrench
p0455 the code is for inability to achieve a vacuum on system. Could be many items.
Did you have this code BEFORE replacing spark plugs?
NO - then you might want to look at vacuum lines on engine - the purge is shown attachment;
YES it was there before spark plugs - a smoke test is suggested to locate leak ANYWHERE in EVAP is suspect.

P0301 might check plug and secondary wire. Is plug sparking? How does plug look - Wet, Dry, Black Tan?

I strongly Advise against spending for parts blindly. A code does NOT mean a part is bad.

Attachments

Thank u for the help. I was planning on checking the spark plug and vacuum lines. And was trying to makes sure where all lines was so i could makes sure they was in good condition and hooked up properly. I am going to change out plug wires only because they haven't ever been changed since i got the vehicle ive had it for 6yrs.

Pretty common for old plug wires to get damaged during spark plug replacement, and cause a misfire shortly afterwards. You might want to first check that the wire is firmly attached to plug and coil, those rear plugs are hard to reach.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Pretty common for old plug wires to get damaged during spark plug replacement, and cause a misfire shortly afterwards
Second this/

But to know if evap code is influencing, fuel trims would be nice. If it is leaning out, probably would have codes a P0300.

How may I ask are you getting the codes? What sort of device are you using. Post back and I will advise further on cheap easy to use stuff to help you make sense of it all.

Even works with your fav smart phone. :D:eek: