tdark

Make
Nissan
Model
Frontier
Year
Miles
Engine
A very good friend of mine has a 2000 Nissan Frontier with the 2.4 engine. Only code he got was PO400 and for now it is not showing That code has showed up for the last 10 years also but truck always ran great until the last two weeks he said.

The fuel pressure has been checked and was perfect according to what I was told.

He said he would be driving down the road and it runs fine and then the issues starts. It almost quits but so far it has not left him on the side of the road. When it starts acting up he tells me its almost like its running of 1 or 2 cylinders .

So far the distributor was been replaced with a new one along with wires and spark plugs by a shop. He told me before the distributor was replaced because it wouldn't run at all. They had to use a roll back to get it to shop. Didn't last but a few miles after he left the shop but this time it still runs, just really bad.

They also replaced the fuel filter . To me It almost acts like a bad mass air flow sensor but that code has not been set.

This truck is a good friend of mine who live 300 miles from me and he is just looking for help in some way. He has no internet and is older but needs his truck.

Have you checked the fuel psi regulator? Could be it. Sounds like it's flooding out after awhile. Usually leaks through vacuum hose side. Just check it out before going any further.

tdark

Sorry, I just had time to check my post. I will pass this along to the person. Could be the regulator . THANKS

NickD

wrench
Could run 100 yards in under ten seconds in the military, but now don't run terrible at times, can't run at all.

What I share with your vehicle, too old and too many miles.

Big four in engine troubleshooting, ignition, fuel, compression, and timing.

With people, just getting old and going to die.