service engine light on

I have a 1998 nissan altima with a 2.4 litre the service engine light came on so I went to advance auto parts store and borrowed their code reader the following codes came up: P1448 manufacturer control auxilliary emission control. and P0440 evap emission control system, was wondering what the next step was to repair this and how to get the service engine light to go off, do you think I can damage anything by driving the car without fixing it the car just turned 70000,miles would appreciate any help. wayne r

Has any work been done under the car?...The evap vent control solenoid might be stuck or unplugged.....Here are a couple diagrams to help you ...check it out and make sure the gas cap is on tight and take the car to Autozone and have them clear the codes ...then drive it and see if any of them come back on....Jim

[attachment lost in server move]

Last time work was done was back in may, since then I put on between one or two thousand miles on the car the engine light was on the intake manifold gasket was replaced it had been running rough, and the knock sensor was replaced the codes back then were P0304 and P0325. havent had a chance to look at the car yet, expect to get out there this weekend thanks Wayne.