Make
Cadillac
Model
CT6
Year
Miles
Engine
3.6L
2018 Cadillac CT6 issue with my super cruise not working. When I try to engage the super cruise, I get a message: super cruise unavailable. I took it to the dealer and they did resolve the issue. However, I would like to read about code b126b to understand what the problem was. The dealership seemed to be really struggling to understand all there was about super cruise.

NickD

wrench
Lot of it depends on the road you are driving on, only certain roads are mapped for this semi-autonomous automatic steering system. Both a radar and camera system, vehicles with automatic braking, far cry from steering to no work if you have any road debris blocking the system. They have to be clean and worth if rain or snow is being splashed on these component.

The electronics is something else, also have electric power steering that has been known to get out of control. Happened to me, took all the muscle I had to fight it, but if my precious wife was driving it, could have been killed.

Personally, I don't want to trust my life on a 89 cent microcontroller with code loaded into flash ram.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
This is an ADAS issue and need calibrating if anything has been hurt or replaced, such as windsheild, front and rear panels etc.

@ no when too

was therer any past workings done on this caddy in the past few weeks prior to this code.

no when too

Nickb2,
No recent work had been done on the car, prior to this super cruise unavailable message. I must say though do to the COVID-19, I have not been driving the car much since March. I have driven it some during this time period but not a whole lot. From what I have read this code means the digital maps need to be updated. Which is what the dealership did to resolve the issue. What I fail to understand is; this system is supposed to update automatically via the vehicle wi-fi. My concern is, why did the system not function as designed, and is there there other issues that might have caused this problem??

no when too

Thanks nickb2, I was actually trying to figure out why it didn’t work the way it should have and therefore required me to have to have an update completed at the dealership.