TCC solenoid- 07 Pont Vibe

ScottVA

I keep getting a P0741 intermittently on my 07 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L 81K. I've looked all over the transmission housing to try to find the TCC Solenoid to try to test it and can't figure out where it is. Someone told me it might be in the pan. Can anyone tell me for sure where this thing is? I don't want to drop the pan if I don't need to. I just had the fluid changed about 20K miles ago.

Thanks
ScottVA

Like any of the other solenoids in these AT's, the TCC can be tested at the input connector, either with an ohmmeter, but prefer using a power source to hear it click and measure the current draw. If okay, work back to the PCM, can be neutral safety or brake switch problems on making good contact. Last one I worked on was the brake switch not making good contact when the pedal was up.

Called that being lucky in not having to pull the transmission. You need a circuit diagram and a parts locater. Only thing that diagnostic code knows, when the conditions are right for engaging the TCC, it ain't engaging, seeing an open circuit. Problem can be anywhere in that circuit.