tesla model x

billr

wrench
Staff member
I'm confused. What started this thread, was there some question posted about the Tesla X?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
No, not really, just that I am sometimes ranting about how my shop, franchise if you will, goes so far as to block server access.

So client comes in, wants brake service done on his x model tesla. I say no prob. I am certified for that. Elon Musk had a dream, make it open source he said.

It is open, but how to access that on shop time for procedure.

If your confused, you should be, did post whilst a bit feeling. My sister is taking a worse. Which also brings out the worst in me.

But I am working hard to get the shop to recognize hybrid and full EV, boss is sending me and apprentice to daytimes classes on this stuff, but access to servers for reflashing and essential data is not available unless you access it on your smart phone. Which is in my book unacceptable cuz some idiot gave himself a handjob on the toilette on shop time.

SO yes, and no, was there a question in there? Yes, there was, service writer refused the job because he could not adequately answer client question in regards to "can we fix his car? if so, how?"

Guy up front doesn't know he has fully certified HT tech in back. Certified said HT tech needs access point to server for data info. Have to go home, download all "readily" available info onto flash drive and then come back to shop with said info in pdf form form. I feel like this is not only happening in shops like mine around this great nation of ours.