(b) End thrust and radial load

(c) End thrust and engine torque

(D) Engine torque and vertical load

grcauto

L and H

billr

wrench
Staff member
What exactly are you trying to learn or solve? Do you mean the bearing next to the pinion gear? Generally, any gear that engages at an angle will have both thrust (axial) and radial loads; and those will both be the result of the (engine) torque being transmitted. Some of your choices above seem redundant to me.

NickD

wrench
Apparently this is a test, pinion is generally a smaller gear that drives a larger gear like in a pinion gear moving a rack in rack and pinion steering.

Question refers to a rear pinion gear, not the gear but the force on its bearing. And since all Honda's are FWD, no such thing as a rear pinion bearing, trick question.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Actually, honda does make an awd ridgeline. Optional of course.

I actually would not even consider buying a honda fwd pick up, what is the use of that. It has 300 +/ - hp. So when you tow, I can imagine the handling just gets worse in snow and mud much like we get up here. So a useless car/crossover/slash pick up for this type of climate.

I think also I saw something on line stating they are making accords awd soon. But I digress on that one as I have yet to actually see one in my bay at work.

I wanted to bite to this question, but obviously, the newbie is just eyeballing the site. If it was a robot, he or she would not have responded 2 hrs later. But then again, some bot programs are getting better.

If this was a test in car guru school. I would have went with (A) and then left the exam to go smoke and hoped for the best.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
But when you want to talk thrust and load, my mustang left two engine mounts where I had to chain it down to left front strut mount and also left a driveline on 1/4 mile track in pont rouge quebec way back when. I had to weld a x frame and a loop for the driveshaft. Never pooped a diff on that car. Buddy of mine at same era had a dodge charger with the six pack and the pistol grip shifter and he popped the diff. 440 vs 302 was fun. The 302 was actually no more a 302 as I had it bored 40 over. Other small stuff also, his charger was bone stock and it rocketed.

I didnt have the money back then to buy his car when he went all in for an XR4Ti.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
so since this thread is useless as much of mine sometimes, I am going to use it for useless rambling. So, should canada be spending more on defense.

Sometimes, when I go poop in the morning, I bring my cell phone, and I have to remind myself that trump is at the helm of one of the most powerful militarized army in the world.

We/canada showed to a desert war in neon green camouflage. Good thing we got lots of land, no guns to speak of so we know how to run and hide in the woods and shoot one bullet at a time to save cost of ammo.

So googling random stuff on phone whilst on shyter is not good for mental health.

As a canadian, and foremost a french canadian, trumps camp is very frightening when they cant get the president to not hit the twit button.

Somehow, I know cooler heads will prevail at some point in time, it is still very worrisome to see some of the stuff going on in USA.

Korea vamping up, china also vamping up, saudi arabia going against opec, well all that just adds to the fuel. Not a time for a world leader like trump to twit stupid stuff to try to gain votes and loose sleep over it.

Canadians as usual will sit back and eat popcorn. Hockey games at the cine parc, yeah, what a good idea. I can forsee social distancing there. Us canucks like our beer, so a six pack in, need to pee.

No, the cine parc is for family and french kissing, not hockey matches. Shikes, what are we coming to?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Tech as usual is evolving with every next gen, humans? Not so much.

I have been on this earth now for 45 yrs now, enough time to see the general scheme of things. So I want a guy like goerge carlin to be prime minister or prez. Yeah.