Model
slk280
Year
Miles
200ish
Engine
3.0l
Client complaint is as read here.

I just bought the car. Front brake suck, and door locks dont work.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Well, alot more is wrong with this nice car.

First off, did you even check the convertible top before buying? No, he said

ok, when you bought it, did you not see the check engine light and the abs/traction lights?

no he said

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
going down pro demand road, is useless

My scanner can communicate with trunk. Cant unlock trunk, alarm anti theft module is in rear SAM module, which is IN trunk

This is a slk 280, there is NO access to trunk electronically, since the relay and power source ar in the rear trunk SAM module

So a co worker came and saw me and said, I have a zip gun and sheet metal chuck for access

We had a laugh, mostly, who would buy a slk 280 without trying the folding top. That is the most expensive option to fix

It is a nightmare like a caddilac corvettte platform,

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I used the bartech tpms scanner to check if both key fobs where generating a signal. Yes both did. SO keys not a prob.

On trunk, there is a keyhole for the hidden valet key, sadly no joy, trunk wont open,.

How in the flying fush am I to check fuses in rear SAM module if I cant open trunk?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
the more I dive into issue with client, the more he gets defensive. I just asked, when you bought the damn thing, did you check if it worked?

Engine has lean codes on both banks, convertible top is either seized or kinked to the effect I see the amp draw spike till ciruit breaker in top module passes service limit.

What do I do now? Say to client return car? I think he bought it blindly. My 29ish yrs on the jobs tells me so.

Should I invest my time in a lie, or should I really try to help this guy out?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I know for a fact the infrared antitheft system is at fault, but cant get to it cuz the trunk is shut and the key peice of programming I need to see is in said locked trunk

This is not a good car for the mafia. Tony, where do we put the body style scenario

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
rear sam module reports a code, interruption in the aux antitheft siren module.

This is where mercedes gets sketchy/ ask be to open trunk ans scope the rear sam module

back to square one, ask car to open conv top, can hear groaning and effort, and even hear shot offs

this slk is essentially now a toyota echo with power windows and a engine that is anemic. But client want his alrm and door lock function to work.

I said ok, instead of getting yelled at by you, that I am incompetent at my job. plz come back and yell at me another day, just to see if I changed my mind

:p :oops: :fixed: :cool: :giveup:

Mobile Dan

wrench
Have you looked for a manual latch at the windshield? If it is a "power latch", can you access wires under the headliner to operate the latch? Or, maybe the latch is mounted of the windshield upper frame?