Toyota Camry 2008 AVC40 2.0L - Right side buttons of steering wheel control not working

Sopheaktra

Make
Japan
Model
Toyota Camry 2008 ACV40 2.0L
Year
Miles
?
Engine
?
My Toyota Camry Aurion AVC40 2.0 was in half full and i having update the steering wheel control to full option by bought from aftermarket. So all the right side buttons of Display / Temperature / Off / Auto / Voice are no working. I have also receive additional wiring from aftermarket, but i don't know how to install it to make all the right side buttons work. (Noted: All the left side button are work as well)
Does any one know the way to install the wiring? If have the link video is the best. Thank you all guys in advance

Attachments

billr

wrench
Staff member
Do I understand correctly, this is a vehicle built for the Japanese market?

We have poor or lesser data (schematics, etc) for foreign-market vehicles; our ability to help may be limited.

Aftermarket installs are often poorly designed, problems can be expected.

So, do I understand correctly, the aftermarket vendor sent additional wiring when the kit first supplied did not work?

Schematics of the aftermarket install will probably be mandatory; at least we need to know who the make/model of the equipment.

Sorry about the pessimism of my reply, we will try to help, but I want us all to go into this with realistic expectations.

Last edited:

Sopheaktra

Do I understand correctly, this is a vehicle built for the Japanese market?

We have poor or lesser data (schematics, etc) for foreign-market vehicles; our ability to help may be limited.

Aftermarket installs are often poorly designed, problems can be expected.

So, do I understand correctly, the aftermarket vendor sent additional wiring when the kit first supplied did not work?

Schematics of the aftermarket install will probably be mandatory; at least we need to know who the make/model of the equipment.

Sorry about the pessimism of my reply, we will try to help, but I want us all to go into this with realistic expectations.
I try hard to search the diagrams wiring air conditioner pictures of this car model.

Attachments

billr

wrench
Staff member
I thought you had abandoned us, no reply for a quite a while. We will try to help, but need some action and answers from you.

Have you tried putting the wiring back to stock, to verify it does work properly like that? We need to confirm this is a problem with the aftermarket install.

Is this a Japanese-market vehicle, or North American vehicle (or other)? I mean, what market was it built for and originally sold in.

What is the manufacturer and part or model number of the aftermarket kit?

billr

wrench
Staff member
Honestly, I am completely confused about what the question is really about. Is this a system on a Camry called "ACV40", or AVC40", or the AC on a Camry V40? I have been searching online and not finding a clear answer. I thought that I had read someplace that AVC40 is a Toyota infotainment system, but can't find that anymore...

Sopheaktra

Sorry Billr for the late reply since i try hard to find professional of car electric system. Yesterday i went to some garage but they only know for the North American vehicle (Camry Le / XLE / Hybride, but my Toyota CAmry Aurion AVC40 should from Taiwan marker cause i saw there are many Taiwan language on the screen Display. They said if i could find the diagram wiring air conditioner of this vehicle then come back to them again.1609124201100.png

Last edited:

Sopheaktra

nickb2, they had try with the LE / XLE / Hybrid diagram yesterday but it not the same system. And they said if i could find diagram of my vehicle then come back to them again.
1609124422555.png

Sopheaktra

Honestly, I am completely confused about what the question is really about. Is this a system on a Camry called "ACV40", or AVC40", or the AC on a Camry V40? I have been searching online and not finding a clear answer. I thought that I had read someplace that AVC40 is a Toyota infotainment system, but can't find that anymore...
Actually i don't really sure what is the real name of my toyota vehicle. There is no any clear information....

billr

wrench
Staff member
What country did you buy this car in? Are there no labels on the driver-side front door jam or in the engine compartment to indicate what standards it was built for? Is this the air conditioning system you are seeking help for?

Sopheaktra

What country did you buy this car in? Are there no labels on the driver-side front door jam or in the engine compartment to indicate what standards it was built for? Is this the air conditioning system you are seeking help for?
I bought in Cambodia and as i know is Camry Aurion. Here are the relate label i can find. And yes I’m looking for air conditioner system diagram wiring which i want to connect from steering wheel direct to air conditioner.

Attachments

Last edited:

billr

wrench
Staff member
Did this have air conditioning (A/C) that you are trying to modify, or are you adding A/C using an aftermarket kit? Give us some information on the kit.

Sopheaktra

Did this have air conditioning (A/C) that you are trying to modify, or are you adding A/C using an aftermarket kit? Give us some information on the kit.
The original steering didn't have button of A/C and i am adding steering button of A/C from aftermarket. So we need add additional wiring from clock spring to connect onto original air conditioner. So we can control A/C by using steering wheel control instead of the middle area of original A/C button

Attachments

billr

wrench
Staff member
It is clear to me now what the project involves. I still think it is going to be necessary for us to know all we can about the aftermarket kit to help you.