trailer hitch

I bought a 1991 Mazda MPV Van I want to put a trailer hitch on it. I went to the junk yard and got a used one. I see where its bolted up in 6 places. I tryed to get it off the junker and broke one bolt.and losened the others. ITseems like there would be nuts on the other side through the frame. but i couldnt see any nuts the frame is boxed in I had the hitch cut off. When i look under my van I see the holes But 4 are to small for the size bolts that were in there, and 2 are egg shaped how do i get nuts on the bolts and do i drill these holes bigger. Anyhelp would be appreciated. thanks Wayne rdillon51@lakefield.net

stu

Website
www.81x.com
Leave the junk yard hitch in the junk yard.

Get one that is made to fit your vehicle.

N

NickD

Regarding trailer towing, your key reference is your owners manual, don't be surprised if it says your vehicle was not designed for towing trailers, many imports have that statement.

You also don't state what you intend to tow, a garden trailer loaded with one plastic bag of loose leaves you plan to take two blocks to the dump or a 40' camping trailer you plan to take across the states.

Towing is serious business, little things about engine overheating and that the stopping distance of your vehicle can either double or triple has to be considered. A bit more than trying to find matching bolt hole sizes, and just because you saw another vehicle with a hitch, doesn't mean it's right, probably why that vehicle is in the junk yard.