Transmission Problem

1999 Olds Intrigue
Automatic Trans
150K + miles
3. 8L

I have a canOBD2 Code scanner and got the following codes. P0742, P1860 and P1810. The problem is that the vehicle will move when placed in reverse, but not any forward gear. I researched these codes, but am not quite sure which sensor is causing the DTC. I believe it is the one located on top of the bell housing just under the air cleaner. Does this sound correct? If so, how do you remove it for replacement?

I would appreciate any help/advice with this problem. It is making me crazy.

Thanks much,
Ken

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
Sorry to tell you that it really doesn't matter which is causing the DTC. This trans is bad and needs to come out for repairs. It MUST move forward, electronics or not. Transman

Transman said:
Sorry to tell you that it really doesn't matter which is causing the DTC. This trans is bad and needs to come out for repairs. It MUST move forward, electronics or not. Transman
This vehicle will barely move when placed into drive, but moves fine in reverse. I was wondering if the P0742 "Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Stuck On" was causing some issue with the transmission engaging.

If this not the issue, what would you think could be causing this problem internally?

Thanks for your reply and any additional help

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
The list is extensive, anything from hard/torn seals to a broken input sprag with everything in the middle. The important point here is that although the code needs to be dealt with, it is NOT the cause of this problem. In other words, solving the p0742 will not allow the trans to start working forward again. It's time for an overhaul or replacement. Transman

Thanks for your help with this issue. I will tell him (my brother) to put it in the shop or get rid of it.

Ken