turn signal issue

billr

wrench
Staff member
"Do you have a schematic you can post? You may have to buy a manual, like Chilton's or Haynes, to get that; but we can't help much without a schematic. "

Maybe you came here to get a schematic, not an unreasonable expectation, but nobody following this thread seems to have one handy to post. So, you may have to spend the money for that info to resolve this issue.

jigfeett

You'll need to get the codes, when the issues exists there will be some code in some module, like body module.
A shop that has a high, ( I don't like saying high) end scan tool can scan and find out what codes you get.

Call around there still are shops that will scan for free and then you'll have the codes. Write them down or get a printout
You might simply need to clear the codes and the problem will go away. ?

I know ford f series can get a code for tail or brake light out and even after replacing the bulb the light does not work and a clear all must be performed.

Launch Torque can clear these, or some Snaps on tools, and some Autels. I'm sure there are many more but make a few calls and see what happens.

Mobile Dan

wrench
I recommend you have a good look at the ground circuit connection in the bulb sockets. On some designs, the ground circuit connection to the bulb fails, but the bulb still works because "power finds a ground" through the other filament in the bulb.

gullythumper

I recommend you have a good look at the ground circuit connection in the bulb sockets. On some designs, the ground circuit connection to the bulb fails, but the bulb still works because "power finds a ground" through the other filament in the bulb.
The headlamp buckets are a real chore to access. They have to be pulled, and they are not easy to remove. The tail light buckets have been replaced, but AFTER this problem occurred.