two codes help, P0243 and p1105

Paul Budd

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE: vauxhall
MODEL: vectra
YEAR:04
MILES:100000
ENGINE
:2.l DTI
DESCRIBE ISSUE.... since i bought this car this code has come up and i cant figure out how to get rid of it
P0243 – Turbocharger (TC) wastegate regulating valve A circuit malfunction.

Also this code has recently came up
P1105 Dual Alternator Upper Fault any ideas?

kev2

wrench
most of us here do NOT work Vauxhall, mainly its vehicles sold in North America.

those codes (it is a GM) are CIRCUIT issues -wastegate and BARO circuits...

If one of the gang here Has access to the troubletrees I am sure they will add it for you.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I have never seen a vauxhall here in Canada. Have never ever seen a dual alternator fault.

I am out of this one and will leave this to the Europe guy's, IF THERE ARE ANY.

I do know that if the PCM coded a circuit malfunction, the algorithm is telling you something. You can try a new wastegate valve, but you need to interrogate the PCM to see if it can command it on and off.

As for the dual alternator code, I am sh$t out of ideas, never even heard or seen this. And If I may say so, I have considerable experience.

I think this is a PCM monitoring circuit. But if engine works as normal as you state, check fuses and pin test and wiggle test. Fix the PCM wastegate issue first, erase and see if the dual alt code comes back.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Maybe the p1105 should be treated like a super duty ford 7.3l power stroke. They use the same design. Or so it seems.

Check all connectors and pins. Check regulator and PCM grounds. I cannot provide proper wiring as my data base does not extend to vauxhall 2004 two litre diesels. Try some of the europe sites, you will have more success there.

3G and 6G are same design and circuit. I have only ever heard of a dual design on the 7.3l power strokes. SO I imagine that check path is the same, even for a 2.0l vauxhall.

Verify battery terminal tightness, connector integrity, harness and wiggle test, and regular alt checks done, suspect a faulty PCM.

Good luck finding anything on this side of the pond. ;)

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Also, make sure your glow plugs are pristine condition, they could account of the second/upper circuit going south.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I am so not used to this type of charging system that I feel useless and have been reading up on the internet for vauxhall`s and pretty much any 2.0l dual alt designs. Vw uses this in europe also.

I am foreseeing a sleepless night as my OCD will get in the way until I understand this very simple design. And what is worst, I will probably never need these skills in my brain hard drive cuz I never see them up here on this side of the atlantic. But I will know I tried my damndest to help you.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
So in other words, check the page 7 of the PDF for multibank charging controls. Also check the battery combiner. I am surprised you have a dual system on such a small car, but yet again, I must say, we don't get these cars here often. For me, this is even the first time I am trying to give advice for this. I have worked a few opel caddies, but they still follow north american rules and design for the most part.

kev2

wrench
nick I am not sure p1105 is a alt code.... I see it as baro issue... but do not have good access to GM eur.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Yup Kev, your absolutely right. When I typed in p1105 in my database it gave me alt code upper circuit.

I checked on some euro sites this morning and yes, for the opel/vectra it is a Barometric Pressure not plausible.

When OP posted his version of code p1105 dual alt, I kinda just went along with it.

Before replacing the Baro sensor, check first for any vac leaks or EGR or IAC problems. Clean them and also clean the MAF with brake cleaner and the Baro port with carb cleaner.

billr

wrench
Staff member
That site makes finding OBD2 codes pretty easy, can we have something similar here?

jordanr

BAT Auto Editor
I saw that site and was thinking of doing an odemter like navigation for our growing code base..is that what you about that site or something else?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

billr

wrench
Staff member
Yeah, that was what I liked. Just put in the code number and get all the different definitions from different vehicle manufacturers. That would take out most of the confusion/aggravation of OBD2 extended codes not being standardized.