Make
Pontiac
Model
G6
Year
Miles
Engine
3.5L
This is the code I get after my friend tried to put a stereo in my car (U0107). I know nothing about writing or what he did just really need some help to figure it out.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Is the car drivable now? I'm thinking it is not, with that code set. Has he completely "reversed" the install, put all the wiring back to stock?

Deena H.

It's not driveable. I have nothing when I step on the gas pedal. And yes he put the factory stereo back in but still the same problem.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Was this install involve only disconnecting and reconnecting existing wiring harness plugs; or were any wire cuts/splices done?

An easy "Hail Mary" play would be to disconnect the battery positive cable, leave it off for five minutes, then reconnect.

Have all fuses been checked? There are probably two fuse panels, one under the hood and one in the cabin. The vehicle Owner's Manual should show where they are.

PS: The stereo is usually located suspiciously close to the throttle pedal area. If the stereo work involved any blind yanking on wiring harnesses, to get better access, check the wiring/connections to the throttle pedal.

Last edited:

Deena H.

I have done all of those things, including replacing the throttle body and the entire pedal assembly. Disconnected the battery for 5 mins then reconnected, still nothing. Im devastated not having a car and not knowing how to figure out what is wrong with it.

Deena H.

And yes ive checked ascd replaced the fuses even if they were good I still put new ones in.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Please answer this question:

"Did this install involve only disconnecting and reconnecting existing wiring harness plugs; or were any wire cuts/splices done?"

Deena H.

No wires were cut to my knowledge, a writing harness with plug was used I believe. It's back to the original stock stereo now.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Check and verify no wiring mods were made. Also, how about the tugging on harnesses? Have you removed the stereo completely, tried it that way?

It is possible the stereo job and the throttle dying are just coincidence, but that is unlikely. You need to check every aspect of how the wiring was handled and affected. Do it yourself, or have a 3rd party do it. The installer (any installer) will have trouble spotting a mistake. Once a mistake is made, it is human nature to "see" things the way we know they are supposed to be, not the way they actually are.

PS: Question for others, where is the TAC module that has no com?

Deena H.

Check and verify no wiring mods were made. Also, how about the tugging on harnesses? Have you removed the stereo completely, tried it that way?

It is possible the stereo job and the throttle dying are just coincidence, but that is unlikely. You need to check every aspect of how the wiring was handled and affected. Do it yourself, or have a 3rd party do it. The installer (any installer) will have trouble spotting a mistake. Once a mistake is made, it is human nature to "see" things the way we know they are supposed to be, not the way they actually are.

PS: Question for others, where is the TAC module that has no com?
I have tried with the stereo completely removed, still same problem. I don't think it's a coincidence esp because the code it's giving me (TAC) is not the problem. It has been replaced. And it is located on the throttle body itself.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Were the replacement TB and pedal assembly new, or used? If new, what brand?

I'm grasping at straws here. This "lost com" between the PCM and TAC modules seems like it could not be caused by work on the stereo, as (I think) both the PCM and TAC are out in the engine compartment; well away from where the stereo wiring was being fussed with. If PCM com hardware had been damaged, I would think there would be a lot of other problems/codes due to bad com with other modules.

grcauto

You need to hook a decent scanner to it and see what modules it can and can't talk to.